Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectacular pictures. I'm way jealous. Now I'm going to be embarrassed to post my crappy p & s fishbutt shots from Utila! Maybe I can show the wife the comparison and she'll understand my need to spend another $5K housing the D300-of course that still won't make up for serious lack of skill! Got to get the 10-17 for wide (did you use a fisheye correction filter?) and although it's overkill in our green water here, it looks like the 105 kicks butt in the tropics. I can see why people love it. Great dives and great pics. We were kind of disappointed in Grand Cayman. We'll have to try LC or Cayman
Brac next time.

I stopped using all my other W/A lenses once I got the 10-17. I don't do anything to the pictures to adjust the FE curvature. At 17mm it is almost rectiliniar. Even at 10mm it is hard to detect the curvature unless it is a wreck shot where there are straight objects in the image.

I dove Grand Cayman in 1992. I didn't take pictures back then, so I don't have a lot to compair it with except for the beer soaked memories.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom