Little Cayman, Provo, or Grand Turk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsimmons

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My father and I are decent divers, and we are taking my newly certified younger brother (22) on his first diving trip this summer. Although he is a beginner, he is athletic and adventurous like us. We've narrowed the choices down to Little Cayman, Provo, and Grand Turk.

We are concerned primarily with the quality of the diving; the island amenities are secondary. Encountering larger marine life is definitely a plus. Live aboards are out. Any recommendations on which place to go and/or which dive shops to use is greatly appreciated. If there is a different spot in the Caribbean that you would recommend, don't hesitate to speak up.

Thanks

Hello dsimmons and welcome to the board. I would rate the quality of diving the three you mention as follows:

1. Little Cayman
2. Grand Turk
3. Provo

Perhaps a better chance to see larger animals (grey reef sharks) at Grand Turk.
I like the dive shop Reef Divers and staying at Little Cayman Beach Resort is a great combination.

As an alternate suggestion, Grand Cayman. Stay at a condominium at Compass Point Dive Resort and dive with Ocean Frontiers, the onsite dive op.

Thanks for the input, shawrg. Looks like we will be going to Provo, as my father has some vacation club deal there.
We actually stayed at Compass Point and dove with Ocean Frontiers on a previous trip. We had an absolute blast. Debated taking my brother back there for his first trip, but in the end we wanted to try a place none of us had been.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom