Little Cayman Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil

Reaction score
# of dives
Greetings.......We have the urge to submerge, so I bought my wife and myself 12 nights at the Little Cayman Beach Resort the first of this April.

My question is: We were there as newbies 5 years go with only 25 dives under our belts....and we were delighted with all aspects of the trip...Now 5 years and 4 continents and 350 dives later, we are concerned that the two hurricans might have destroyed the walls and beauty. Has mother nature been cruel or are they still in the condition they were 5 yeas ago???

We have never worried about the food or the accomadations, as long as it is clean and fresh.

Anyone been there before and after the hurricans to compare???
Thanks in advance
Phil

We were there about a year after Ivan and didn't notice anything significant underwater. Above, there were lots of uprooted trees, smashed docks, and stuff under repair, but not at the active resorts, more on private properties.

Felix went way South of Little Cay. I heard they evacuated Little Cay for Dean, but, it was back open later that week. I would doubt there was any reef damage given the hurricane was a fast mover , not a direct hit, and the deep water surrounding the Island. Maybe someone who's been there since September can give some first hand information?

I haven't been there since Sept 2006.

Felix went way South of Little Cay. I heard they evacuated Little Cay for Dean, but, it was back open later that week. I would doubt there was any reef damage given the hurricane was a fast mover , not a direct hit, and the deep water surrounding the Island. Maybe someone who's been there since September can give some first hand information?

I haven't been there since Sept 2006.

The OP is referring to the Big One - Ivan, in Sept./04.

A group of us went to Little Cayman in September 2006 and I can say that the diving was nothing short of spectacular. The vis was great as was the marine life. Now I can't compare it to a "before and after" situation but it is to this day the overall best dives I have done.

BDSC

Was there last month. No damage visible.

I went to Grand Cayman & Little Cayman 7 months after Ivan. Grand Cayman was still recovering topside, but I thought the reefs & visibility were excellent (& I've been to Cozumel, Bonaire, etc.)

Ivan was centered south of Grand Cayman but the island got the full blast of the storm's northern edge. The sister islands were not affected.

I've been diving all over the Caribbean for years & I thought the diving I did off Little Cayman (Bloody Bay Wall) was the best diving I've ever done before or since.

So I wouldn't worry about it. Little Cayman is in great shape.

You"ll love LC. Ask for Phil..he's one of the Captains..you will love diving with him and his crew. Super nice and very detailed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom