Little Cayman Beach Resort or Isla Marisol Glover's Reef Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are planning a dive trip for the end of August and are trying to decide between Little Cayman or Glover's Reef Belize. Anyone know which has the best diving?
I would go to Little Cayman without hesitation between the 2 options, if the "best diving" is your only criteria. If there is additional criteria, please let us know- It might influence our suggestions or opinions.

Not related to the topic, but I love the Salt Rock shore dive in the link Kathy posted. I have done it probably twenty times and have always seen at least one Juvenile Queen Angel, my favorite fish. Great shallow dive going to the right, gets you over to Bush Gardens dive site.

I haven’t been to Isla Marisol, but one thing to keep in mind depending on your tolerance for heat is that AC is only available “upon request at booking” and only between 7pm and 6am according to their website. I have MS, and there are times in the afternoon where I just need to cool down when I am in the tropics. So I am fairly sensitive to where AC is available.

I haven’t been to Isla Marisol, but one thing to keep in mind depending on your tolerance for heat is that AC is only available “upon request at booking” and only between 7pm and 6am according to their website. I have MS, and there are times in the afternoon where I just need to cool down when I am in the tropics. So I am fairly sensitive to where AC is available.

I didn't see the part about "only between 7pm and 6am" and I am also a big fan of AC, not only because of the tropical heat but also because of the biting insects!

Yep, they show “available by request” in several locations, but when you make it to the “read this before you book” link, it says:

Air Conditioning
Air conditioning is available upon request. As part of an energy conservation effort, air conditioning is only available from approximately 7PM to 6AM.

I love getting away from it all as much or more than anybody...but when the heat gets to me due to my MS, it makes me feel like somebody unplugged me from an outlet and let all the energy drain out. The only thing that really helps is cool water and cool AC when I get to that point.

7pm - 6am AC would be a deal-breaker for me. Especially in August!

Yep, they show “available by request” in several locations, but when you make it to the “read this before you book” link, it says:

Air Conditioning
Air conditioning is available upon request. As part of an energy conservation effort, air conditioning is only available from approximately 7PM to 6AM.

I love getting away from it all as much or more than anybody...but when the heat gets to me due to my MS, it makes me feel like somebody unplugged me from an outlet and let all the energy drain out. The only thing that really helps is cool water and cool AC when I get to that point.

Again it sounds like a window unit in the bedroom only at night. I admire their conservation efforts and I know that many people will consider me a wimp, but no AC in the tropics would be a deal-breaker for me, too.

Last edited:
We were at Isla Marisol several years ago over Christmas. The air conditioning was a small unit and did not work well at all. The diving was just okay. Also during our stay they never prepared enough food for all the guests. We are not big eaters and found ourselves hungry during our stay. The food they did prepare was barely edible. Go to Litte Cayman and forget about Isla Marisol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom