Little Cayman Beach Resort- been there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made it to the LCBR with no trouble, and have been having a great time since I arrived last Saturday. The resort is very nice, the room is much larger than expected, and the food is very good to excellent.

I posted a few photos in my member gallery, so check them out if you're interested.

I'll post a full report when I return.

I just got back 3/3/07 and, overall, everything was great. Diving was excellent, vis. was not quite as good as I expected, but no complaints. Rooms were decent and the food went from ok to great depending on what they cooked up. My only complaint was the Friday night karaokee... they were up screaming until midnight and the bar was supposed to close at 11:00. Seemed really odd considering every other night the bar was virtually empty at 10:00 and the laid-back vibe they promote. If anyone has any specific questions, please ask away.

Been there, we'll be back but there are some other places to check out. I'd say that LC is about the best in the Caribbean when it comes to diving. We're diving at the Brac in a few weeks and will have some dives off LC for sure. If Brac Reef doesn't go over enough, Craig says he'll go, so we'll get some dives one way or another.

cmaha76:
My only complaint was the Friday night karaokee... they were up screaming until midnight and the bar was supposed to close at 11:00. Seemed really odd considering every other night the bar was virtually empty at 10:00 and the laid-back vibe they promote. If anyone has any specific questions, please ask away.

Interesting that you mention that. I go to LCBR twice a year and hear more divers complain about karaoke night than anything else. I am sure they keep it going to increase bar revenue for that night. But, that seems a poor reason to piss off 40 or 50 non-karaoke guests. The manager just doesn't seem to get it.

As Little Cayman Beach Resort's sister property, you will find just about everything you will need while you are not in the water. Let’s face it, anything over and above "basic" accommodations at a dive destination is an added bonus. That is why we put as much attention into the resort as we do the dive operation. You expect great diving at Little Cayman and Cayman, but most of the time you don’t really know what to expect in terms of the resort itself. You will not be disappointed. There are some people that you cannot please no matter what you do, but Little Cayman Beach Resort and Brac Reef Beach Resort strives to do the impossible.

keyshunter:
That would be nice. I just poked around in some of my old logs and found that of 208 dives on LC only 13 were in spots other than Jackson's/Bloody Bay, and these 13 were probably all weather related.

The DM's head for the famous sites because most divers want them, and unless the weather prevents a trip to the north side, they go there. Happy divers leave happy tips.

KEYSHUNTER, this is an excellent point and something that should be addressed when going down there. As spectacular as Bloody Bay is, arguably one of the best known dive locations in the world, Little Cayman has alot more to offer than just sheer walls. Be sure to ask your dive masters to take you to those places away from Bloody Bay.

Again, from the resort and management side, it’s next to impossible to please everyone, but the more that our guests share with us their desires the better we will be able to serve you. It is after all your money and your vacation time!!

Thanks BracReef-
And I'll take your advice- but how about a little more? I sure do want to see Bloody Bay Wall, a few times, but with three dives a day for a week, I also want to see the other sites away from Bloody Bay. Now, if asked by the DM if there are any requests, I'd rather not say "anywhere BUT Blody Bay Wall". Can you tell me a few of your favorite spots so I'll have my request list in hand? I would love to go to some very colorful cool sites that aren't as frequently visited.
PS- Funny you posted, we were just talking to some friends who visit the Brac every year for the last 13 years. They were depressed that Divi had gone out. I think they've got you in their sights for next year. If they come we'll be with them!
When you say you're the "sister" resort, does that mean same owner, different island?
I'll go look up your website............................

susan6868:
Thanks BracReef-
And I'll take your advice- but how about a little more? I sure do want to see Bloody Bay Wall, a few times, but with three dives a day for a week, I also want to see the other sites away from Bloody Bay. Now, if asked by the DM if there are any requests, I'd rather not say "anywhere BUT Blody Bay Wall". Can you tell me a few of your favorite spots so I'll have my request list in hand? I would love to go to some very colorful cool sites that aren't as frequently visited.
PS- Funny you posted, we were just talking to some friends who visit the Brac every year for the last 13 years. They were depressed that Divi had gone out. I think they've got you in their sights for next year. If they come we'll be with them!
When you say you're the "sister" resort, does that mean same owner, different island?

If the weather is good, do Blacktip Tunnels. Amazing site. Its on the east end near Point of Sand. Lighthouse wall, Salt Rocks, Charlie's Chimney, and Paradise Plunge are great as well. Those are on the west south west side of the island. All are really good sites away from Bloody Bay.

We are a family owned and operated resort and dive operation. Little Cayman Beach Resort and Brac Reef Beach Resort are owned by the same family and are operated similarly. That is why you will find the same high level of service at both resorts as well as on the boats with Reef Divers. The family's roots run deep in the sister islands and the founder of the resorts was actually born on Cayman Brac.

Your friends certainly will not be disappointed with Brac Reef. We have put so much attention into the resort in the last 2 years making it the best that it has ever been.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

susan6868:
Thanks BracReef-

Susan,

You will not be disappointed if you stay at Brac Reef and dive with Reef Divers. My wife and I were there about 6 months ago and will be back for sure some time in the future. The resort was very clean and well maintained, the food was good, and the atmosphere was excellent. As for the dive operation, it was first class. The DM's were all very knowledgeable and professional.

The dive site maps and briefings were the best I've ever seen, and the DM's work very hard and EARN their tips. My wife dropped the strobe off her camera as we were climbing back on the boat, and the DM(Phil) didn't hesitate to go down and get it.

A big hello to Phil, BJ, Jason and the rest of the gang at Reef Divers.

Rob Galyon
Surprise, AZ

Rob,

Thanks for the great comments. I couldnt agree with you more. Our dive staff is absolutely amazing. Truely passionate about diving and people.

Thank you both so much for all the good avice. I look forward to visiting Brac and will begin planning once return from Little Cayman. Printing your post with recommended dive sights as I write this post. Have a great summer and I hope to see you in "the Brac" before long!
(I'd better start saving now..........................)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom