List your favorite Texas dive sites....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love Balmorhea I grew up an hour away and I go every time we go to my parents house!

I am newly authorized with the Diving for Science program at Aquarena Springs (San Marcos), so that will be my new underwater home away from home!:)

I have really enjoyed diving a few oil rigs over the years, as well as Stetson Bank and Lake Travis.

Happy Diving to All !!

Balmorhea. I try every new toy I get here just to make sure. I go all the time. Last weekend I didn't think it was gonna stop lightning.

I have only been to a few lake but i actually would like to know where the best place around New Braunfel and Austin area to go diving? any info is greatly appreciated thanks

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the "blue hole" in Wimberly? Do they have diving there? How deep is it?

Recently dove at Chalk Bluff [just north of Uvalde; on the Nueces river].

Only 10" deep, but viz was 40+ consistently at 72 [night] to 75 [day] *F over three days!
Lotsa fish, some turtles, boulders, plant life, artifacts [people lose some WEIRD stuff there], etc.

A great way to make a single tank last all day. :)

Amazing view, a great place to go with a bunch of friends and camp out all weekend. Which is what I did.
Very inexpensive, I believe my entry was $8. Camping was ... about the same?

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the "blue hole" in Wimberly? Do they have diving there? How deep is it?
The Blue Hole, If we are talking about the same place(below an RV park), is narrow and deep. It has been a long time since I have been there, but you have a lot of people rock jumping into it. To dive it would mean to do so without a lot of people doing cannonballs into the middle of it.

I'm about to start my first scuba class in a few weeks, and I'll be doing my OW cert dives out at CSSP. I'm really glad to hear so many good things about this location since it's likely that I'll be driving out there at least fairly regularly to get in some dives.

PK seems to be getting a lot of good feedback also, and that isn't too far to make it a day trip.

I'm definitely interested in the Aquarena Springs and Comal dives, but those are going to be a bit more involved trips for me from the DFW area.

Any other spots to hit around the DFW metroplex? I assume nothing good about the local lakes like Grapevine, Eagle Mountain, Lewisville, Ray Hubbard, etc. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

If anyone might be looking to buddy up for something here in another month or so and don't mind being slowed down by an utter noob, let me know.

was wondering if any buddy new about the best place to get in and out of the comal... were thinking about diving there kind of... we know its not deep but thought it would be fun... any suggestion would be greatly appreciated :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom