list of Cousteau books?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbalmr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was looking at the local library and was looking for some reading. As I have never read any of the Cousteau books I was wondering if anyone had a list of the books in order of their writing. I wanna start with the first and work through in order. Thanks :eyebrow:

Don't know about books in order, but there is a NEW Cousteau biography that was just released -

cousteaubooksmcopy.jpg

New Cousteau Book Released

Don't know about books in order, but there is a NEW Cousteau biography that was just released -

cousteaubooksmcopy.jpg

New Cousteau Book Released
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Appreciate you interest and excitement and assistance

Please refer to previous post listed below for description of the new Cousteau book.

"New Cousteau Bio --by Brad Matsen"

I believe his first book was Silent World. He wrote several books over the years about various species titled The Shark; The Whale; etc.

He also wrote an encyclopedia style series called The Ocean World of Jacques Cousteau. They are numbered in series and there are over twenty of them. The information in them is pretty basic, but at the time they were written in the late '60's and early '70's, they were pretty ground-breaking. Still a lot of entertaining information and stuff you wouldn't know about the oceans unless you were a scientist.

The best thing you can do is go to Amazon.com and search for his books. You'll find many that are out of print now so it may be worth looking in to.

Last edited:
His biography makes for a very interesting read, I recommend it to everyone.

I interested in any behind the scenes info from the "Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau" National Geographic specials. I think some of the biographies have small sections, but was wondering if there are any more informative books out there, maybe by some of his team members? Something that delves into how they filmed and set the stage, how the dive equipment was designed/conceived and how well it functioned. Seems as though the biographies focus on the man, not how his documentaries were filmed.

Back
Top Bottom