Liquivision Xen, Xeo or X1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Sherwood from GUE has a shop that's called All About Scuba in NY. He can hook you up and answer any questions you could have. I got my zen from him last year!

Bob Sherwood from GUE has a shop that's called All About Scuba in NY. He can hook you up and answer any questions you could have. I got my zen from him last year!

Yeah well looking for the Xeo but only have $700 to spend on it.
I know they go for close to $1000. If I had the grand to spend on one then I would just buy it from a shop.

I'd think twice about getting anything from Liquivision based on the terrible way they have treated a few customers (I'm not one of them) over the discontinuation of the X link.

Actually the reps are as nasty or worse in person than over the phone / email.
Problems I have had with mine..

Depth not displayed correctly - (3 - 5 feet off)
You get 10 hours of diving on one set of batteries (new batteries cost $10)
I have got to the dive site several times and the damn thing would not turn on.
Loses time while diving. (not like a second but minutes...)
Sitting in my desk, I turned it on and checked the status, it showed the temp as 130F...
Does not keep proper time in storage. In a couple of weeks it lost 2 hours....
About any patch you do will require you to enter the PIN in it all over again..
They do "patches", but requires you to have the optical PC interface to do it. (So be prepared to send to to a dealer or back to canada or spend more money on the interface)
Talking to the rep, they do not test / QA the patches they put out before release... (in engineering we call this "throw against the wall see if it sticks")
If you have an old unit, they will charge you $99 to install the option to give you almost acceptable battery life..

Don't trust your life or waste your money on a Liquivision..

I think your going to have a hard time finding one for that price but good luck all the same. As for service the company is top notch and has always taken care of me. My unit has the battery up grade and has solved any battery issues as far as I'm concerned. I also know a few people had some cracked cases that were resolved under warranty very quickly. If you dive with one it's very hard to go back to anything else.

Vino21, I love my LV. The display is incredible. I have also had amazing service from LV. I understand they are coming out or in the process of releasing a Lynx computer which is less expensive than the Xeo. However, I think it is still more than your $700 budget.

I have a Xen and have nothing but good things to say. They have been responsive to emails when I have had questions and when I met them in person at BTS last year, I had no concerns in person either. Battery issues have improved with new software and I have no issues replacing a $10 battery after about 25 hours of diving especially when it offers the best visability for me. Fantastic on night dives or in caves. Battery life is dependent on the colours you select as well as the brightness setting, so this varies from person to person. There are options to set the salinity level so this may affect depth reading if not done correctly - at least it is adjustable unlike some others that simply assume salt water. Mine lost time badly too at one time, but this improved with one of the software updates and is now user adjustable if necessary. I would buy one of these again - no question.

Wow. Such dichotomy of responses on polar opposites. Bad product bad customer service and great product great customer service.
Well I saw a few mates selling here for $700 - $800 so it is worth a shot.
Just can't seem to feel right spending a grand on one. already bought a Santi drysuit.

Back
Top Bottom