Liquivision X1 Battery ID from dead X1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njaimo

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have a dead Liquivision X1 willing to open and suss-out the battery ID/type (maybe take a photo) ? I had this info, and even a place where to buy from, but seem to have lost it and cannot recall how I got it all. It is a little rectangular Lithium polymer battery, and you can find it on battery supply websites. Reason I ask is I would like to try to replace my X1 battery once it finally dies. I can still dive on it at least to 2 hrs+ Tec-1 deco dives, but seems it does not hold a charge on the shelf as long as it used to.

Any help would be appreciated. ...or if anyone has a dead X1 and it willing to part with it and "donate to science"...?

I know there is the gel potting issue, but I am wiling to try re-potting mine when it dies.

The writeup on RBW is gone, but strangely enough, the album where I hosted some of the pictuers is still accessible: moose_grunt's Album: X1

I've attached one picture here that might be of particular interest:

Attachments

• IMG-4304.jpg
    IMG-4304.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 101
Thank you moose_grunt and Snusmumrik !!! While my X1 still works OK so far, I will try battery replacement and re-potting when it fails. This info will be great help to get a replacement battery. If/when I do so I will post my results.

I tried RBW several times, including Wayback Machine, but was not successful in getting anything out of it (probably did not help I really was not sure how to use the WM), awesome you were able to find this !

Many Thanks again, Cheers!!

BTW moose_grunt-- were you ever successful in replacing battery and re-potting ?

BTW moose_grunt-- were you ever successful in replacing battery and re-potting ?

To get another SBer’s attention use the @ sign in front of their user name.

No, I wasn't, because mine had a failing screen. I gathered several dead or dying X1, and managed to destroy them all trying to get past the board to the screen.

The battery should be straightforward, since it's right on top. The board CAN be taken out without breaking it, but not easily, and there are different variations of it. The screen, not so much.

Thanks again @moose_grunt , too bad the screen repair/exchange did not work out. I've been researching the potting compound a little, and seems there are some silicone gels that one can use. From your pictures, it seems that what you took out of it looks silicon based. Had you settled on any gel in particular ?

May be a good idea, from your comments, for me to get a hold of a dead X1 and try this before trying it on mine.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom