Liquivision Recall - Explosion Hazard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the problem with the X1 battery? I am not familiar with any issues, so I must have missed something.

Early adopters found that the allegedly 10 year+ potted batteries were getting only a few years of service (some more, some less) before dying. To summarize a lot of angst and state my opinion as fact...Liquivision was less than supportive. I'm not aware of them ever recalling X1s, however, and don't meant to imply they did -- that would have actually required them to fess up to the issues their units had and eat the cost of making things right.

I recieved the email from the distributor, and one from LV about 6 hours later.

Now to try to find a proof of purchase....

I received an email also.
The email I have stated that we can take a picture of the batteries, as proof.

Good thing, I don't usually keep up with receipts for evey piece of dive gear I purchase.

Cheers,
Mitch

Interesting, my XEO was just registered with them about 3 weeks ago. Although it is second hand, its still within warranty. They haven't sent me an email about this and yes I have a rechargeable battery and charger. I guess the previous owner was changing to shearwater? Will be interesting to see if I am contacted over this issue?

I received an email today from LV that the exploding batteries were a result of people attempting to recharge non-rechargeable batteries, and there is nothing wrong withe the current rechargeable batteries.

However, LV is still offering to replace the batteries and charger with a new model.

I think that is pretty good service.

I might have gotten the replacements. They were sent fedex, but require a signature. So I will have to make my way to a fedex store for pickup.

Have my batteries and charger today. This is the sort of service I expect, and I am happy with the result. All seems well charged the batteries and they seem to be ok with the new firmware update. Cannot fault Liquivision with their response to this.

Back
Top Bottom