Liquivision Recall - Explosion Hazard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gurnie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Yet another serious issue with LV products...

Was sent a recall notice.

Liquivision Products, Inc.
has received three reports of explosions related to rechargeable battery
products sold as accessories by Liquivision with the Xen, Xeo, and Kaon dive
computers. Liquivision will be working with regulatory authorities,
including Health Canada and the United States Consumer Product Safety
Commission, to investigate and respond to these incidents.

Liquivision is advising all customers who have purchased the
Liquivision rechargeable batteries to immediately cease use of both the battery
and charger.

I got the same email (addressed from the place that I purchased the batteries). Don't see anything on LV's website though.

I doubt you will... They never seem to be very forthcoming on problems with their products.. You have to register to activate their products so they have the owners contact info. Glad to see my dive shop here in the states is at least looking out for their customers...

is there any need for them to notify customers directly if their distributors are already doing that?

recalls happen, and I was notified. From the email, it sounds like they are working on rectifying it in a timely manner but only time will tell how this story ends. So far, I don't have any problem with it.

this was overheard at Liquivision HQ:

"Oh Crap! they are talking about the recall on scubaboard and noticed there is no mention of it on the website...get it up there ASAP!"

:D

this was overheard at Liquivision HQ:

"Oh Crap! they are talking about the recall on scubaboard and noticed there is no mention of it on the website...get it up there ASAP!"

:D

TITCR

What is it with these guys and batteries? First the X1, then the earlier Xeo/Xen battery issues, now this. Meanwhile, my Petrel eats off the shelf AAs just fine :wink:

LV doesn't actually make batteries but I'm guessing the computers are overdischarging those rechargables, their polarity is reversing and the chargers are then making them go boom. Not much different than the Boeing 787 battery recall. Got to design the protection and charging circuits for li batteries carefully..

What is it with these guys and batteries? First the X1,
What is the problem with the X1 battery? I am not familiar with any issues, so I must have missed something.

Liquivision is voluntarily recalling rechargeable batteries and related chargers. We have followed the proper process of notifying Health Canada, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, our distributors, dealers and customers.

For more information on the recall, please visit the following page:
Liquivision : Scuba : News

Margaret Malewski
CEO, Liquivision Products, Inc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom