Linkback, trackback, fatback, outback... Too much email

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would like to receive email updates about new posts in threads I have posted in. I would like to never, ever see linkback emails or any other kind of -back email update. I don't see a way in my user control panel to accomplish that though.

This is a linkback update that I just got. It looks like a useless circular reference.

-----------

Dear Matt S.,

A new LinkBack has been recorded for a thread you have participated entitled - Dive Rite 300 LED Hand held Review - in the Lights forum of ScubaBoard.

This LinkBack is located at:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/lights/200462-dive-rite-300-led-hand-held-review.html#linkbacks

The originating site is located at:
Dive Rite 300 LED Hand held Review - ScubaBoard

Here is the associated message:

We'll have a look at it.

Edit: Should be a thing of the past now.

Thanks. :)

Which one do I use in place of the old Subscription link that used to be at the bottom left corner oof every post?

I would like to be sent an instant e-mail if someone posts in certain threads I continuously follow, a daily e-mail for certain threads that I'm currently interested in and an occasional summary for some that aren't as important.

How do I do this now? Which ****back do I use?

Steve,

Use "Thread Tools" (near the top - below the "nav bar") then "subscribe"

I got a pop up saying someone had trackbacked one of the posts I was writing on or started I dont know. How do I din out who that was and where it was posted. I would like to use that as my guide on how a trackback works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom