Line to tie bolt snaps with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padipro:
BTW, you can get #24 braded nylon line at Home Depot.
Yup, it's often called mason line. I know in my home depot I have problems finding #24, they usually stock #18 and #36. However, it is available in hot pink. Rock on!

Just make sure you grab the braided... cause the twisted sh1t often sneaks in.

mer:
However, it is available in hot pink. Rock on!

LOL I got the beautiful Harvest Gold color. It really makes my eyes stand out :eyebrow: not to mention it makes it very easy to tell which reel is yours when you're the only one without white.

Doc Intrepid:
Homer,

cut your parachute cord to about 24" or 36". take some needlenose pliers and pull the guts out of the sheath. There are 8 nylon cords inside. Use one of them, with about 4 or 5 wraps, they'll work fine for tying on boltsnaps. Just put'em on wet and pull'em tight. (They're braided nylon.) Glue the knot like Pug said, then fuse the ends with a lighter.

Doc

- who has used the guts of parachute cord for some really, really wierd things.....
What DOC, PADIPro and UP have noted is a very viable suggestion. The inner cord of paracord has a higher tension strength then does cave line and it can take the water. Once tied no one would know the difference and if tied correctly it would last a very long time. Wendy said she would give you some free cave line so heck takt that too.

it appears my "para cord" is in fact not para-cord, it has no "inner" threads. blah.. but wendy is giving me the hookup. ill probably buy a reel for my coz trip this winter in case i need to shoot a bag, at which point ill have plenty of cave line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom