Lindsey Jacobellis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HarryWhisman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As she came down the stretch I, and many others I'm sure said: "Just stay on your feet baby"

Too bad they don't show this stuff live. Maybe she would have heard us.

Kind of like diving, hot-dogging and showing off are not a good idea.

Wah wah wah....

GO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Womens hockey gold baby!

I don't think we'll be seeing her on too many visa commercials anymore.

howarde:
I don't think we'll be seeing her on too many visa commercials anymore.
You have TV Howie?!?! Never saw it

I know it must be hard to remember TV, living on YAP or after living on liveaboards for so long...

I watched her interview with Bob Costas last night...

She said, "I was having so much fun, I forgot I was in a race, and was just riding the course" - sounds like B S to me.

She did win the silver, and that shouldn't be downplayed, but what a gaff!

She's only 20 years old... I have a feeling we'll be seeing her again.

Anyone with the grace and poise required to face the media after an error like that has the mettle for a comeback.

I thought the Costas interview was lopsided, salt in the wound, twisting the knife kind of stuff. He could spare only a few words on the positive side at the end, "Congratulations on the Silver".

I think it's quite harsh to say she was "lucky" to win that. She won silver after her gaff because she had such a commanding lead before.

If she decides to pursue a spot on the 2010 team, she'll return as a formidable opponent, seasoned and tested.

And somehow I doubt, with a face like that, she'll have any difficulty attracting sponsors between now and then.

Steve

Steve Egner:
I thought the Costas interview was lopsided, salt in the wound, twisting the knife kind of stuff. He could spare only a few words on the positive side at the end, "Congratulations on the Silver".

That's typical Costas, though -- trying to be the erstwhile journalist and get to the very bottom of the story. He should stick to HBO.

Mike Veitch:
GO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see the Canada-Switzerland game this morning? That was wild. In all honesty, however, Canada did get robbed on that second disallowed goal. It was clearly over the line and behind the post.

Oh, memo to Todd Bertuzzi: STAY OUT OF THE CREASE! :laughing:

Steve Egner:
She's only 20 years old... I have a feeling we'll be seeing her again.

Anyone with the grace and poise required to face the media after an error like that has the mettle for a comeback.

I think it's quite harsh to say she was "lucky" to win that. She won silver after her gaff because she had such a commanding lead before.

If she decides to pursue a spot on the 2010 team, she'll return as a formidable opponent, seasoned and tested.

And somehow I doubt, with a face like that, she'll have any difficulty attracting sponsors between now and then.

Steve

I agree with pretty much all of that especially the part about the press, although had the other two girls not completely wiped out, she could easily have gone home empty handed. That's not harsh; it's the truth. I'm hoping she comes back bigger than ever. What a great story that would be.

Back
Top Bottom