Lincoln City Oregon diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavtrooper

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone gone diving in the bay south of Lincoln City(is it the Siletz)? I was over there this weekend and was wondering. I'd like to find a salt water dive site close to my house (Salem) and thought that might be fun to try.... the park next to the hotel would be a great entry point; nice and sandy.... mmmmmmmmmm....

Any thoughts?

You'd have to make sure and dive that on a slack tide and limit you bottom times. You could encounter some serious current there if you tried to dive it any other time.

Have ya ever tried that bay? I'm wondering how deep it is????

BUZO71:
Have ya ever tried that bay? I'm wondering how deep it is????
No, I haven't. I've watched the current there at the mouth, which looks impressive. Additionally, the vis didn't look all that inviting. I'd rather try Yaquina bay for some crabs than Siletz bay.

How is Yaquina Bay? I'm up for about anything.... I'm going through withdrawls ... My last dive was the 20/21 of July at the 24 hour dive a thon.....

newport south jetty dive the jetty fingers. I found my first oregon nudi. I spearfish it

Back
Top Bottom