Like minded diving experiences in Tahiti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MHK

Reaction score
Anyone in this forum have any experiences with TOP Dive in Moorea and/or Bora Bora? Essentially, I'm just trying to find out if they are the stereotypical cattle boat outfit, or will they leave us to our own and not impose any "restrictions" normally associated with resorts.

Bear in mind, I'm asking about recreational diving, not tech diving.

Thanks

I dove with them in both Moorea and Bora Bora, and generally liked them quite a bit. In Moorea, it was a shark feed dive, so yes, it was a bit of a cattleboat (though only around 10 divers on the boat so not too bad). In Bora Bora, I think they have multiple boats based on experience so you may be able to make arrangements. Do the manta dive - it's awesome. I think TOPDive is the top game in town, at least on BB. 3 DMs on each boat, all French and pretty relaxed, so I am sure you can talk them into doing your own thing. In both BB and Moorea, it was shark city (even without the feeding). On every dive, we could see at least 15-20 reef sharks and a few larger lemons. Viz was over 100, water temp was around 82 at depth. PM me if you need more info.

Damn, I am jelous now, I wanna go back.

Zimpod

I dove with them in Bora Bora. They were pretty good and didn't do any hand holding. Mine wasn't a cattle boat as we only had 4 divers and 3 staff members on board. You should definately do the Manta Ray dive. I loved it. I did dive on Moorea, but I dove with Rapheal (out of the Pearl Resort). He was great and there was only one other person with me on the boat.

Diving in FP was great. Request the Tiki dive site on Moorea. When I was there, tons of sharks. Please take pictures. I miss being there.

Duane

MHK: When are you leaving and where are you staying at?

Me and wifey (honeymooners) are going 2-16 Feb 06.
5-12 Feb @ Sheraton Moorea
12-16 Feb @ Novotel BB [location could be changed]

I'm the only diver and planning to dive with Sheraton's dive op Topdive, but uncertain to do with them again in BB. Their BB reputation is pretty good (I heard). Novotel's dive op is Nemo World, which does not offer night diving. That means I may choose others instead of Nemo World though its convenient location. All dive ops would offer free pick-up/drop off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom