Lightscribe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I saw a lightscribe burner at CompUSA the other day and thought it was really a cool idea.

Funny thing was that CompUSA (at least here in Hawaii) doesn't offer the discs yet.

Does anybody have one? Are you happy with it and where do you get your discs from?

PS - If I were to get this I was thinking of sending my Dad (in Germany) the memorex DVD burner that I have. Does anybody know if that would work without a transformer? Could he just use a european plug?

Lisa hey i have no personal experince. My friend Danny is a programer for HP and loves his but hey he's biased.

justleesa:
lol....I'm sure he is, to a certain extent....I'm thinkin' it'll look good on my desk :wink:
Best Buy's got the single layer Lightscribe discs. 10 for $15. I haven't seen Dual Layer anywhere. Some of the mail-order places seem to have them, Google finds a bunch of listings.

I'll stick to making labels, I bought 50 TDK DVD+R's for $19.99 instead. Add in $5.00 for labels and I'm $50 ahead.

I like the way this one looks on my desk - goes with my VAIO:
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...yProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=DRX710UL - not a Lightscribe, but it's reallllly!!! fast.

Look at the input voltage spec on the Memorex power converter. It's probably 110-240V 50/60HZ so it will work anywhere. If not, you'd need to send him a transformer, they're $20 or less on eBay.

Steve

Hey! the Sony is "the same" as my Memorex (just bought it in March). My dad will be real happy with it...he gets all my handmedowns :D

I found the lightscribe dics on the net for about 57¢/p.....3x as much as what I am paying for simple cd's but it would look so much more professional than the black marker thing I'm doing now :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom