Lights for video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems reasonably price and if the specs are true excellent value for money
I would get it try it on land and then return it if it looks like it is not what the specs say but there is not much you can buy with $159

Big Blue makes excellent lights. I have several of them. Might even have a pair of "like new" lights I'll be selling.

Are you planning on using these in a cave Tony? If so, 900 lumens just doesn't seem like enough light. Personally I use 2 4500 lumen video lights and the result is fantastic. I know some people who only use 1 4500 lumen video light and they get great results too. If using a gopro you just need to adjust the settings to get a narrower frame when using only 1 light head.

Personally I use 2 4500 lumen video lights and the result is fantastic.

Which lights you using Dive-aholic? As is 4500lm really enough??

I'm using TillyTec LED4500 video lamps. One is good, two is better. It isn't that one isn't enough light. It just doesn't cover enough area. Here's a video taken with a GoPro and 2 LED4500s

Last edited:
Dive-aholic, I think that "they" must have taken down your video. All I get is, "this video does not exist." I still would like to see some you your work and maybe bound a few questions off of you. Thanks.

Strange. It's still there and I confirmed the video ID. Try the straight link. It's working for me.

Exiting a small cave - YouTube

I was able to view it Rob and really enjoyed it. There is really so much to say about this video so here goes. I am just starting to play around with sidemount. What a great SM cave and at the begining the left side down and about 90 degree turn toward the begining of the video was too cool. True side mount situation. I am guessing that since I could see your primary spot light, or maybe the diver's light behind you, your video lights and camera on your helmet. Is that correct? If so I would like to see a picture of you setup. The cave was lighted up well and looked great. I really have to get to Mexico or PR some day. Thanks again for the video and hope to see you again in Fla.

Back
Top Bottom