lights for Intova Sport Pro/ GoPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for some input on light setup for an Intova Sport HD (like the GoPro). cost is a serious issue. What setup do you use, and how do you place your lights (above, below, at the side with 45 degree angle in)? I've been using an intova mini with an adjustable beam (remove the lense and it is a flood) mounted on a homemade PVC base with light mounts, but i haven't had much luck with it. I dive freshwater in northeast Kentucky.

i was typing this out until i realised you had the same torch set up as me... I found it was great! Ive never had any trouble with mine?
You could try one of the cree type torches available on ebay which are cheap.

For video I use Archon D11V lights. At around $50 and an output of 600 lumens, I think it's the most bang for buck with inexpensive lighting. Just take note that it has a very wide 110 degree angle beam.

Archon D11V Diving Light Cree XM-L Lamp Outdoor Super-bright LED Flashlight 860 Lumens Flashlight 2 X Cr123 Or 1 X 18650 Li-ion Battery Waterproof Travel Flashlight(batteries are not included) - Basic Handheld Flashlights - Amazon.com

Does the light beam have a hot spot in the middle or is it nicely diffused throughout the whole beam like a video light should?

Thanks

I am wondering the same thing. I have the Intova wide angle light. You can take the lens off and it is a diffuse light, or you can leave the lens on and adjust the beam. The down side is it is only 200 lumen.

---------- Post added August 24th, 2014 at 10:51 PM ----------

The Gobe is a little out of my price range.

Does the light beam have a hot spot in the middle or is it nicely diffused throughout the whole beam like a video light should?

Thanks
It does not have any noticeable amount of a hot spot, hence it being a video light. The intensity slightly tapers off from the center to the edge.
Here is a link to a test I made in the pool. Keep in mind that the surface is very uniform, not what you will encounter in the open water. The lights sharp beam edges are much less noticeable in open water.
http://youtu.be/hM5GUj-pJc4?list=UUBcJo-ye4CRFvQnoI9hG0hw

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom