Lighthouse Reef Resort, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ_Zoner

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
A few years ago Lighthouse Reef Resort closed. I just checked thier web site and it said they would reopen in 2006 but there web site has not been updated and no information. Anyone have an update on the resort?

Stayed there in 03 and really like the place and how close it was to the real diving of Belize.

Thanks for any info.

Craig

Craig, LRR was receintly purchased and will open this Nov. they have plans to add on to the existing resort after the new year.

Lighthouse Reef Resort also has plans to do dive combo trips with Tradewind Belize out of San Pedro. The idea is to do 3 to 4 days at each resort. This will be the best of both worlds.

ecosvl:
Lighthouse Reef Resort also has plans to do dive combo trips with Tradewind Belize out of San Pedro. The idea is to do 3 to 4 days at each resort. This will be the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to going back down to lighthouse reef and the resort.

Craig

I went to LRR in 2004, it was sold at that point, but staff hadn't changed and was pretty appalled at how apathetic most of the staff was. The main dive boat was in bad shape--belched out thick black smoke onto the stern where we were sitting--the trip was a mess. Hopefully once it opens again things will be better. The cottages were nice and the food was good, but the dive staff, except for one DM just didn't care anymore. The diving we did do was good, however. I do love diving the atolls in Belize.

We'll be watching for the reopening. We were there a few months before the closure, and had a great time. Hope the new owners can get it together - I heard it was to reopen a few months ago, but then there was nothing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom