Light question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used dual cannister lights (very heavy and you can search my old post to see the setup), a single Sola light (the switch is a real pain but only used it twice) and the BigBlue video lights. I'll stick with the BB lights. I know the maker of UWLD and he is a friend, but I simply cannot afford them. The UWLD lights are some of the best I have ever seen but there is a price point that I cannot justify while raising a family. Did you know that BB sells additional lens that can change the lights from 90 degrees to 120 degrees to include a yellow lens cap?

I have used dual cannister lights (very heavy and you can search my old post to see the setup), a single Sola light (the switch is a real pain but only used it twice) and the BigBlue video lights. I'll stick with the BB lights. I know the maker of UWLD and he is a friend, but I simply cannot afford them. The UWLD lights are some of the best I have ever seen but there is a price point that I cannot justify while raising a family. Did you know that BB sells additional lens that can change the lights from 90 degrees to 120 degrees to include a yellow lens cap?

Yes, canister lights also present issues for travel. I was after the most powerful and smallest package available. Hence, the Bigblue lights.
The Bigblue video lights I use are already 120 degrees (originally 2800, now 5800; the 15K lights I use are 160 degrees).

Thanks for the input all ... I ended up ordering the BigBlue tray set up. I will follow up and let everyone know how it is as soon as I get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom