Light Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDFDiveMaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have several Princeton Tec lights that have started to leak. Does anyone know if PTech has a lifetime warranty....should they leak even if thier new?

In The Dark!

CDFDiveMaster:
I have several Princeton Tec lights that have started to leak. Does anyone know if PTech has a lifetime warranty....should they leak even if thier new?

In The Dark!
Boy is this in the wrong forum. I'll see if I can get someone with a key to move it for you...

This may be too late to ask, but have you ever done o-ring maintenance? After diving with my light I unscrew the light, clean out the groves with a soft cloth, clean and re-lube the o-ring. I haven't had any problem with any of my lights. I also wouldn't store your light with the batteries left in.

Well the only Princeton Tec light I have was replaced under the lifetime warranty after it leaked at 40m, and then exploded during deco as the ambient pressure dropped below the internal pressure generated by the electrolysis of the sea water that got in.
They tried to wrangle out of replacing it by saying that it was probably my fault for storing it with batteries in and allowing gas build up.
But when I insisted that I only stored it with batteries out they replaced it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom