Light head on left hand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smb1014

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When following DIR principles, why is the Goodman style light head held on the left hand mostly through a dive and not the right. I would think that if you have to dump air from the inflator on an ascent, you will be moving the light head around a lot.

Safe Diving!!!

Right hand drives the scooter.

PerroneFord:
Right hand drives the scooter.

What he said.

vroom vroom :D

grab the light on top with your right hand
keep pointed in same spot to not give weird signals to buddy
dump with left
return light to left hand

simple!

Yea, in fundies class.

Quick question -

I have a new OMS Phamtom HID and wondering if anyone has any ideas to secure it on the belt behind a right hand zipper bag/pocket - I don't want to have to take the bag off every time to get the light off

Ben_ca:
Won't an extra buckle do the trick?
He doesn't want to remove the pockets to remove the light.

I believe the DIR solution would be to put your pockets on your thighs.

Otherwise, I say use the quicklink that came with the light :wink: There is a way to rig it with a quicklink that is not metal to metal and easily cutable- use the hose clamps to trap a piece of line- heavier than caveline. Tie loops on both of the bitter ends, then use the quicklink to bind the loops around the waist strap. Yes there will be some play, but we're not talking about motorcycle batteries. Also, be sure you tie a real knot to form the loops that will stay and not come undone.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom