Lift Bag Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300:
in the drysuit bellows pocket. Works great.

Was carrying the bag in the MC pouch on my BP and the spool on the butt ring...really hated that setup. The bag would occassionally not deploy easily and the spool unwound a couple of times causing a real mess.

Storing these in the pocket allows me to have the spool already attached to the bag, which eliminates a couple of steps....just unclip the double-ender from the shock cord in the DS pocket, unfurl the bag, and inflate...

My thigh pocket is getting full! :) I'll probably keep the spool in there, and maybe if I do a little spring cleaning, I'll try the bag as well.

mempilot:
I tight roll the bag with a bungee and clip it to the butt d-ring. Tucking it inbetween me and the bp seemed uncomfortable, so I was letting it hang/float. I know that's not good tech, hence the post.

As for the spool, I keep it in my thigh pocket. I don't have loops inside to secure it, so I am always afraid I'm going to lose it sometime when I open the zipper.

These are some good suggestions. I'll try these and see how they work for me.

Thanks.

You may want to try this.

I too stow my bag at the bottom of the BP. I use two pieces of surgical tubing and create two loops and run it through the bottom holes in the BP, one on either side of the center line. I then roll the bag and put it in the loops. This holds it tight up against the BP. It is easily deployed simply by reaching back and pulling it out. Now you will not be able to stow it again, but once it is deployed, chances are that you will not be putting it back anyway.

I hope this helps.

I fold it and then stick it in the MC pack, and clip off the snap to the butt ring. Its secure but I can get to it easily.

BTW, if you put in bungee in your pocket consider doing LOOPS. That is, run the bungee in one grommet and back out, then tie it off. Now you've got a LOOP inside. Make the loop a reasonable length (say, so it reaches to near the bottom of the pocket.)

The utility of this as opposed to a "clothesline" is that you can pull the entire LOOP out of the pocket and not lose anything - but its all there in front of you. Makes it a LOT easier to select what you want!

Thanks everybody for your ideas. I'll be back home tomorrow (back where it's warm!) and I'll be headed to the store for some bungees.

Hey Genesis,

I want to talk to you about boats sometime. I'll PM you in the next couple of weeks.

I dive with students a lot so I have a magnetic (magnadoodle) slate in my thigh pocket. I store my lift bag in a nylon sleeve clipped to my backplate (left side) opening down. It is a copy of a DiveRite sleeve, nylon tube, two bolt snaps on nylon webing, flat closure, with velcro. The velcro is on the inside of the sleeve, so you just pinch it flat to close it.
I roll the lift bag tight, wrap straps around it and stuff it into the sleeve. I have a caribeaner on the loop, and just one end pokes out of the the sleeve with the velcro pinched tight around it.

Works for me

Mike D

mempilot:
What's the best place/method for storing a lift bag and finger reel?

I dive a backplate/harness, and I have a thigh pocket on my drysuit. I dive with a wetsuit in the summer.

I'm not happy with the way I'm doing it now.

Back
Top Bottom