Lift Bag Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mempilot

Contributor
Reaction score
What's the best place/method for storing a lift bag and finger reel?

I dive a backplate/harness, and I have a thigh pocket on my drysuit. I dive with a wetsuit in the summer.

I'm not happy with the way I'm doing it now.

My DSMB (50 lb lift) is bungeed on the left side of my plate underneath the wing and clipped to a D-ring at my waist right next to the plate. Should work OK with a somewhat larger bag also. Small spool is in an Army surplus first aid pouch on the waist strap.

mempilot:
What's the best place/method for storing a lift bag and finger reel?

I dive a backplate/harness, and I have a thigh pocket on my drysuit. I dive with a wetsuit in the summer.

I'm not happy with the way I'm doing it now.

How are you doing it now?

The lift bag can be clipped off to your butt d-ring and placed between you can the bp.

The spool can be clipped off inside your pocket. Do you have bungeee lopps inside your pocket to clip stuff off too?

Wendy:
How are you doing it now?

The lift bag can be clipped off to your butt d-ring and placed between you can the bp.

The spool can be clipped off inside your pocket. Do you have bungeee lopps inside your pocket to clip stuff off too?

I tight roll the bag with a bungee and clip it to the butt d-ring. Tucking it inbetween me and the bp seemed uncomfortable, so I was letting it hang/float. I know that's not good tech, hence the post.

As for the spool, I keep it in my thigh pocket. I don't have loops inside to secure it, so I am always afraid I'm going to lose it sometime when I open the zipper.

These are some good suggestions. I'll try these and see how they work for me.

Thanks.

mempilot:
I tight roll the bag with a bungee and clip it to the butt d-ring. Tucking it inbetween me and the bp seemed uncomfortable, so I was letting it hang/float. I know that's not good tech, hence the post.

As for the spool, I keep it in my thigh pocket. I don't have loops inside to secure it, so I am always afraid I'm going to lose it sometime when I open the zipper.

These are some good suggestions. I'll try these and see how they work for me.

Thanks.

You know you can always add the bungee loops to you pocket, I did. Just go to the hardware store and get a grommet kit, add a grommet to each side and then add some bungee. Very easy and then you don't have to worry about loosing stuff out of your pockets.

awap:
My DSMB (50 lb lift) is bungeed on the left side of my plate underneath the wing and clipped to a D-ring at my waist right next to the plate. Should work OK with a somewhat larger bag also. Small spool is in an Army surplus first aid pouch on the waist strap.

I think this is going to work a little better for me. My bag is a 60lb Halcyon and it feels uncomfortable inbetween the bp and me butt.

Wendy:
You know you can always add the bungee loops to you pocket, I did. Just go to the hardware store and get a grommet kit, add a grommet to each side and then add some bungee. Very easy and then you don't have to worry about loosing stuff out of your pockets.

I'm going to do this. I never would have thought of it. Thanks.

in the drysuit bellows pocket. Works great.

Was carrying the bag in the MC pouch on my BP and the spool on the butt ring...really hated that setup. The bag would occassionally not deploy easily and the spool unwound a couple of times causing a real mess.

Storing these in the pocket allows me to have the spool already attached to the bag, which eliminates a couple of steps....just unclip the double-ender from the shock cord in the DS pocket, unfurl the bag, and inflate...

are you folding the lift bag flat when placing it between you and the BP. I ask because several years ago when I first heard of the practice I tryed it with the lift bag rolled :banghead:

I have two pices of bungee running from one side of the plat to the other and yse them to hold the folded liftbag up and clip it to the but ring. the spool is cliped off in my pocket

salty:
are you folding the lift bag flat when placing it between you and the BP. I ask because several years ago when I first heard of the practice I tryed it with the lift bag rolled :banghead:

I have two pices of bungee running from one side of the plat to the other and yse them to hold the folded liftbag up and clip it to the but ring. the spool is cliped off in my pocket

Yep, that's how I started, but it just didn't feel right. Maybe I would get used to it. I'm going to try all of these ideas and see which I like best for my setup.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom