Lift Bag line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

Unraveling and kinking i'm not concerned with in the slightest as that's something I can control. As for #18 vs #24 goes #18 is 225 lbs and #24 is 230 lbs. What's 5lbs? It's not like your doing any lifting.

Ed

What Green_Manelishi said about braided, not twisted.
Braided is the only way to go, not only for safety, (unraveling and/or entanglement), but for strength, (it's usually much stronger).
Norm

Originally posted by Norm
What Green_Manelishi said about braided, not twisted.
Braided is the only way to go, not only for safety, (unraveling and/or entanglement), but for strength, (it's usually much stronger).
Norm
Don't think so.
I believe that you'll find that for any given diameter, twisted has a higher tensile strength. Braided is preferred in diving because it tends to kink less and is more resistant to abrasion. (IOW braided line's tensile strength holds up better than twisted with rough use)
In larger diameter line it is not uncommon to encase a twisted line within a braided line to get the best combination of tensile strength, low kink and high durability.
Rick

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom