Life jacket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

can you be a little more specific? is this a simple survey, or is there more to your question. I lead snorkel tours all the time where we do not use a life jacket, but that depends on the situation. are you an avid snorkler?

Do you guys use a life jacket when snorkeling? If not, what do you use?

Thanks.

No.

N

A snorkel vest, not a life jacket is recommended. I life jacket would leave you stuck at the surface. When I'm snorkeling, I use mask snorkel and fins. I have no need of a snorkel vest.

When snorkeling with a tentative newbie I'll suggest a shorty wetsuit, it provides buoyancy but doesn't alter their position on top of the water the way a life jacket would.

Normally I'll freedive and snorkel with weight. I like to dive down and if im wearin a life jacket then i might as well be chillin on a glass bottom boat. The most I'll wear is a wetsuit without weight but I find that too bouyant as well and kinda screws with my dives.

I don't use a life jacket or snorkel jacket. I am naturally float too well so have to have weights to dive effectively.... but I do see that snorkel jackets are popular at the various beaches even just a plain pool noodle seems popular as you can adjust it... there are quite a few different options available

Back
Top Bottom