Life after quitting smoking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I quit smoking cold turkey the day of my heart attack in 2014. I had a carton a week habit but fear is a wonderful motivator! I admit that I did start using an E Cig when I got out of the hospital but I had a plan. When I first started, I had them mix up the "juice" so it had the same nicotine as the cigs I was smoking.

Then every time I bought a new supply of juice, I had them lower the nicotine by one point. Eventually, I started forgetting to take my E Cig with me because it was no longer a habit.
Similar method I used, just lowered the ejuice strength till it was nicotine free.

Congrats on quitting smoking! It's a huge accomplishment. I totally get what you mean about breaking the habit of associating socializing with cigarettes.
Have you ever considered trying vaping as an alternative? It could be a helpful transition while still enjoying social moments. Keep up the great work!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom