Lies, corruption, unethicle and unsafe practices in Commercial Diving School

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidHickey:
Harry the equipment boy sounds a little fishy to me. Hmmm half price equipment, likes to party and drink beer and eat pizza with the student customers who hes making little to no money on. Did it ever occur to you that the school instructors may have had a run in with him previously and were trying to protect you from getting ripped off?

You never know - it might be that the guy banks on selling to a whole class at very low margins to make his money. After all, if he can sell ten drysuits at $100 profit each that's better than just selling one at $500 profit.

ghostdiver1957:
1. Why would anyone pay $16,000 for dive school? There is a place locally that will teach you hard hat diving, tending etc... for about $2,000!

I live in the DC area. What school is this that will teach commercial for $2k? I was actually thinking of doing this...

ghostdiver1957:
2. In diving, there is far more money to be made working in less than 10 feet of water on SCUBA then there is wearing a hard hat. I made $50K this year... but I only worked about 15-20 hours a week for 6 months. That works out to about $104.00 an hour.

What do you do? Is this boat repair? Also, I saw someone making references to your website, but I couldn't find it. Whats the URL?

Just in case no one noticed, this thread is a year old.

Carry on :wink:

Well even if it has been renewed after a year it has been entertaining to read it all.

Is PaulSmithTek still around??

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom