Liability Insurance for DM - How Much ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dman1959

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Contemplating doing Divemaster training.

Just how much really is the liability insurance per year ?
Who sells this insurance ?

No opinions please. Am interested in answers from DMs who actually maintain this insurance.

Thank you,
dman1959

check around, ask instructors, DM, and LDS there are a few agencies and you can compare prices and get different information on the coverages.

I pay just over 300$ for my NAUI DM liability

Assisting only means an instructor must be in the water and you are under his supervision for whatever activity. I have mine through Witherspoon and paid 314 for this year for the unlimited coverage. I dropped V&B due to possible hassles as I work through 3 different agencies and have certs with those 3. YMCA, PADI, and NAUI.

I have listed the rates that I know below however, make sure that you check with your LSD that you will be assisting because some shops carry a group policy that covers you while you are working with them. The group policy is good as long as you are assisting with courses or trips that are sanctioned by that shop.

NAUI's current DM policy rate is 314.70
SDI/TDI current DM policy rate is 315.00

I do not have access to PADI's rates but I am sure that they are somewhere in line with the others.

I work for a dive shop and I am also a registered NAUI divemaster, i pay the 314.70 plus the 90 dollars for NAUI membership. I wouldnt recommend something that covers a whole shop because there will be times that you are out on a charter diving without that shop. With NAUI i just send them a check and they take care of the insurance for me, that is the best way to go because most agencies tell you that you have to get your insurance through them or have coverage that is very similar.

dipndive.com - Home

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom