LF: Single tank wing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carol and Solomon have some spiral hoses. I got one from them before, though I think my other spiral hoses are from the various BCs and wings I've had over the years (thus far: 3 stabs, 3 horse collars, and 3 wings... plus 1 DIY wing).

GoPro HD: From Aquamundo (in Amorsolo and in JP Rizal as well)

Now for the flat lens, I ordered one from goforfocus.com. Big difference as can be seen in these comparative photos.

goforfocus.jpg

I like the GoPro because its very unobtrusive, very wide angle, and I put it on a suction cup mount that I stick to the wall in the pool whenever I video my practice to evaluate my performance etc. After which, I can shove it in a pocket. Nothing like video to reinforce how far from 5thdx diving I am. I don't take stills with it, I just run it on video mode all the time and just take screen shots. Its also small enough to fit in my small pressure pot so whenever I feel like testing the housing to its rated 180ft, I can just pop it into the pot and check it. As for the flat lens, its well worth it. (I did toy with the idea of a DIY solution though, and given that I can test experiments and replacement housings are available from Aquamundo, well, maybe in the future...)

Alas, the last time I checked... no it doesn't. They're the distributors of GoProHD products here, but GoPro themselves have not yet come up with a flat lens.

Goforfocus.com is run by Patrick Verhey. He goes by the handle "Underwaterhero" on the boards, although the last time he visited was in March. I got my lens in August, initially getting in touch with him here through SB and paid by paypal. Here's the photo from his site showing his flat lens design:

_wsb_513x343_DSC_9824-kl2.jpg

His email address is: lens@GoForFocus.com

Not sure how he is now, but I got my lens pretty quick at my door. It'll come in a letter envelope wrapped in bubble-wrap - small enough not to arouse interest in customs. There's an interesting couple of threads over in the photo forum regarding patents and such... LINK

Now I wonder if Aquamundo has the LCD screen already... time to give em a call :D

Thanks Doc Ed! Nautilus no longer sells the spiral hose but you can order the $Halcyon$ ones. I did not even ask for the price. My wife is now looking to buy an UW camera as my UW case is already toast. I was looking at the GoPro as an alternative. It seems a lot cheaper than a decent UW housing and it shoots decent video to boot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom