Lf: Inflator service tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi! Does anyone know where I can get one locally? I'm also looking for a Schrader valve tool for the QD hose.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Inflator Tool.jpg

I would say trip Asia Divers or Aquaventure Whitetip Dive Supplies. Wouldn't suprise me if Aquamundo could sort you one out from their Manila shop.

I can't say any of those places will definitely sell them, but I imagine one of them should have one going.

Best place to find schrader valve tools is bike shops or car parts shops in the tire section.

Pacifica has schrader valve tool. I had my inflator tool sent over from the US - not seen one available here before.

Good luck and let us know if you find one locally!

There might be one from Nautilus next week. I went to a car accessory store and was able to find one but its too stubby to reach the valve.
weldtite-schrader-valve-repair-tool-IMG19402.jpg
I might just "convert" a torx key using a dremel.

I just use a small hemostat :D

As for the BCD tool... I'm in the process of modifying one of my old shoulder dumps to fit the bill... otherwise, I've done relatively okay without one - even having been able to make 2 wings as well as maintaining several others (not saying I wouldn't want one, but if the price is right from Nautilus, then I'd prolly spring for one)

Let me know how it goes in Nautilus :D

Doc Ed, Great idea on the hemostat. I think I have a curved toothless vascular clamp lying around somewhere. With a little bending and grinding I think it will do the job perfectly! I tried to modify a pair of needle nose pliers but the tip broke.

A SS skewer , a bench vise, a file, sandpaper and some elbow grease.
Image0010.jpgImage0011.jpg

Now for the Schrader valve tool...

Hehehe! That's what I get for not reading the title too well... INFLATOR tool... I was thinking BC Shoulder tool :D Looks good though. I think what I use are modified circlip pliers from ACE...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom