Levels at Morrison Springs starting to go down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was looking at the Choctawhatchee River gauge in Carryville and it predicts that the river level will be down to 8 ft on Tuesday (March 30). If the rain will stay away for a little bit longer we may just have Morrison back as a good option for Springfest. It may even be simi-doable right now.

Also, the levels for Holmes Creek are now down to 12.89 feet. I would think that Cypress is nice and clear. I need to make a trip out there to verify :D.

Yes on Cypress, but the basin in Morrison will likely still be crap for the most part until it reaches the 6'(or lower) range until the river water temps climb above spring water temps.

Got some rain yesterday, should have more on Sunday :)

I'm thinking like 13-13.5' in the winter, not sure how it is in the summer. 14' is too high, I verified that much :p

Make sure you're looking at the correct guage.

I wonder who will get out there to check it out first.......
I will have some non diving friends with us when we head that way in April. Maybe I can persuade them to take a canoe trip one day and snorkel. From what everyone says cypress is well worth the paddle up stream.

Cypress is gorgeous, prettiest spring basin I've ever seen. Its got an OK cavern, and almost no cave to speak of, but as a small OW dive(or snorkel), its got ALOT to offer.

Yes, just make sure your rear knows how to steer.:D:rofl3:

We got there didn't we??? Even if we did have to go twice as far as we zig-zaged most of the way. :D

Back
Top Bottom