Let's Go Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had a flurry of changes in plans, and I am suddenly diving this afternoon--probably. I will be working with a student, but we are not doing anything serious--mostly working out issues with new sidemount rigging. Company would be more than OK. I assume we will be at Chatfield, but I am not sure. We may decide on Aurora instead. I am guessing we will leave Boulder at about 3:15, depending upon when work for the day ends.

John,
If I can get off work early, I will try and make it. I'll have to go wet as I just cut the P valve hole in my suit last night and don't expect to have it sealed and tested until tomorrow evening.

It would be good though since I'm attempting to rig side-mount AL80s. Got it working pretty well except for when they get floaty. I have an idea for that that I will be trying next time. I want to get the 80s to work so I can use rental tanks anywhere I go.

Let me know where you will be.

---------- Post added September 17th, 2014 at 10:19 AM ----------

Reallydg,

Saturday the 27th sounds good. Want to do Aurora, or do you have something else in mind?

Thanks for the invite, John. Wish I could go but I have two meeting for work today that I have to be at (especially since I'm leading them.) I hate it when work gets in the way of my diving!!! But next time - my schedule is FAIRLY flexible.

Jvogt - Aurora is fine. I moved here last December and really know none of the local diving spaces so anything is good for me. I'll PM my cell number.

I've been here 10 years and haven't discovered to many places to dive yet. At this point I'm ready to jump into every mud hole on the side of the road just to see how it goes.

Chatfield was very nice this afternoon--surprisingly good visibility for this time of the year. We were working a lot on getting my student's sidemount configuration right, and we spent a lot fo time working on shore before we got in the water. Luckily we were able to leave earlier than expected and so had plenty of time.

We are going to Santa Rosa, New Mexico, this weekend to dive the Blue Hole one day and then Rock Lake on Sunday and Monday. That is where the best "local" diving is, particularly Rock Lake. Let me know when you are interested in that kind of a trip.

Been to Santa Rosa once - this spring. I would go again - and would really be interested in checking out Rock Lake. But have to work Sundays. So - Friday - Saturday would work or Thursday PM - Saturday. If you have that some time, let me know. Thanks!!!!

Chatfield was very nice this afternoon--surprisingly good visibility for this time of the year. We were working a lot on getting my student's sidemount configuration right, and we spent a lot fo time working on shore before we got in the water. Luckily we were able to leave earlier than expected and so had plenty of time.

We are going to Santa Rosa, New Mexico, this weekend to dive the Blue Hole one day and then Rock Lake on Sunday and Monday. That is where the best "local" diving is, particularly Rock Lake. Let me know when you are interested in that kind of a trip.

I'll be at BH this weekend with Dave, Jay, Henrik, and Preston. See you there! Staying at the Quality.

I'll be at BH this weekend with Dave, Jay, Henrik, and Preston. See you there! Staying at the Quality.

I will be at the Quality as well. I will start Saturday morning. We will do some Blue Hole dives on Saturday and go to Rock Lake on Sunday and Monday. It looks like we should have a good shot at seeing you there, at least on Saturday.

I will be at the Quality as well. I will start Saturday morning. We will do some Blue Hole dives on Saturday and go to Rock Lake on Sunday and Monday. It looks like we should have a good shot at seeing you there, at least on Saturday.
Excellent. See you saturday night. It's been too long!

---------- Post added September 18th, 2014 at 06:56 PM ----------

Or at BH, either way. I'll have a cold beer or whiskey for you if you want one :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom