Let' Hear from you Cozumel!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay:
I have not been able to look over the entire island but for the most part it was a non-event with winds never over 50 mph and moderate rainfall. Cozumel has worse damage from north winds in February! Power was not off but most people are sleeping peacefully this morning. Diving should be pretty much normal but we won't be able to get our boats out until this afternoon.

This does much to back up my contention that the truly destructive part of a hurricane is actually quite small as is Cozumel--and its a big ocean. Really, we get these events most years and watch them carefully, usually veering off over Cuba or down to Belize. It may be because we did have the "big one" a few years ago that so many people (and the media) make such a big deal of it.

But disrupt it did, with all the cancelled reservations and costs of preparation such as hauling boats and securing things. I am sure that all Cozumel operators will have a tough time recovering financially for the, far too long, low season coming up.

So come on down and help your favorite Cozumel operator that way!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Hey Dave! Long time, no talk. I dove with you people again last May and sent a couple of emails to you on the experience, which was overall very good. Neither you nor anyone at Aldora replied. Your dive master, David, is excellent. Memo was present in the shop to ensure all went well. I posted some good comments for Aldora on Tripadvisor and in here as well. You might want to read them for input from me and other divers on the Aldora operation. Gracias.

I am very sorry if we were unable to reply to your e mails but sometimes we lose them in transit...but I can asure you that Memo and I both get copies of every e mail to Aldora and if there is any way we can, we do respond. We do value your patronage more than you will ever know-- and a lack of repsonse is not one of the ways we want to show that.

We do appreciate the good comments, and believe it or not even more so the bad ones as that is the only way we can correct errors in what we are trying to do.

So just let me know your e mail address in a PM and maybe I can make it up to you.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

robbcayman:
I really appreciate you taking the time to post that video up. The Cozumeleno is my favorite hotel and I'm glad that is okay. I remember when Wilma came how hard it got hit. It looks as though if there is any damage it is minimal. :D

That makes 2 of us, El Coz is my favorite too :D been there for 7 yrs. Glad you liked the clip, I finally got the longer one together, I had 15 minutes but had to shave it to 10 mins for youtube. Set to the same Cozumel song, sit back and take a drive with me through Cozumel on the morning of August 21st 2007, the morning after Dean made landfall some 100+ miles south of Cozumel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfZpjefwHFo

CozumelAntonio:
That makes 2 of us, El Coz is my favorite too :D been there for 7 yrs. Glad you liked the clip, I finally got the longer one together, I had 15 minutes but had to shave it to 10 mins for youtube. Set to the same Cozumel song, sit back and take a drive with me through Cozumel on the morning of August 21st 2007, the morning after Dean made landfall some 100+ miles south of Cozumel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfZpjefwHFo

Thanks for the video. The island looks fine, and I'm glad it wasn't what they were originally saying it was going to be. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom