Less flights to Hawaii, what will that mean for the Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depending on the sticker shock in November, we might not be out to dive the islands much either. I can drive down to the beach here and dive in an ecosystem that is almost as diverse as Hawaii. So why waste the money on air fare. Even the boat ticket to Catalina could be cheeper.

Good luck Bros!

hey, Dave I saw 5 dollar gas in Arcadia, I think. I just gassed up in Bullhead City(cheaper than NV) for the treck to Flagstaff. Kinda pricey road tripping at the moment. They say driving 55 mph saves 5 mph per 10 mph. Tough to do when the speed limit is 75 and your 18 yr old is driving 80.

The 5 mpg per 10 mph is very subjective and relative to the vehicle size and weight.
Gas in Arcadia is always higher than surrounding areas. BTW, I was in Tijuana this weekend and purchased diesel for less than $2.00 per gal.

BTW, I was in Tijuana this weekend and purchased diesel for less than $2.00 per gal.

WHAT? ..you traitor

did you dive la Bufadora, or something?

(I really would like to have that diesel X5 coming out soon, they say 36 mpg.) oh, and did you see the BMW one series? the highest car out there for mileage they say.

Probably too pricey though (X5)...I have only seen it in pounds. So why is Arcadia so high?

Seems like AZ has cheaper gas.

WHAT? ..you traitor

did you dive la Bufadora, or something?

(I really would like to have that diesel X5 coming out soon, they say 36 mpg.)

Probably too pricey though...I have only seen it in pounds. So why is Arcadia so high?

I love La Buf - but no diveing this trip. BMW is over-rated. Arcadia has few stations and ton's of city pressures. Santa Anita Race Track no longer the #1 tax contributor.

Back to the topic, less flights to Hawaii should mean better condo rental deals - Yes?

Well, better deals if you OWN the condo means you are losing money and that will soften real estate.

so, I guess it depends if you live here and rent out your condo or if you are flying in, what is better.

The best thing we could do right now is court Asia. Although I think their markets have begun to slide...

I just found a 500 dollar ticket, myself. (well a few weeks ago: Honolulu to Newark, very proud of that) Any Yapta fans out there?

CURSE YOU ALOHA AIRLINES AND ATA! Actually, more like curse the economy and oil prices. I read that if things don't start changing, most major airlines will be bankrupt by the end of the year, and 50-100 major and regional airports will no longer be offering flights. I haven't been back home to Hawaii in a little over 2 years, and if things keep this way I'll be stuck on the mainland for a little while it seems. 600-800 for a roundtrip to Hawaii? Ummmmm .........

watermark.php

And that's what I have to say about that!

I tell you what it means.

Less tourists. Less tourists = Dive Businesses need to cater to the local crowd. Catering to the local crowd = customer service better be excellent or you can kiss your dive business good bye.....

We don't get many Europeans, do we?
:hmmm:

An 11 hour flight to LA, followed by a 6 hour flight to Hawaii.

In comparison, going to the Red Sea (Egypt) only takes me 4 hours.
Bonaire is a 9 hour flight, no boat dives required and they speak Dutch.

A friend of mine owns a vacation rental in Honolulu and he says it's staying full and the rates are holding, if not going up. More Japanese tourists....the falling dollar is making it more attractive to those that are not U.S. citizens.

HUE:
Less tourists. Less tourists = Dive Businesses need to cater to the local crowd. Catering to the local crowd = customer service better be excellent or you can kiss your dive business good bye.....

Say it isn't so.....better service for the locals.:11:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom