Leopard Sharks in Whaler's Cove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No camera on-hand for my second encounter, but we found this big guy behind granite point wall, he shows up at about 3:12. This was last November.

As always, a great video. I especially enjoyed the sound of the bubbles. :popcorn:

GPW is totally kickable, we do it all the time (as teams on scooters whiz past us left and right). Swim on the surface to about the end of Middle Reef, descend and kick east. With the kelp coming back you want to make sure you save a bit more gas for the return, in case you need to scuba under the surface kelp. Have fun!

Thanks for the info. We've got plenty of experience crawling on the kelp - definitely don't want to repeat that. :shakehead: But we're not diving doubles like you guys. Maybe someday.

Not sure exactly what you define as the "shallows". But I have never seen them in the 15 to 30 fsw areas of the cove. It has always been at least near middle reef.

About 3 months ago I stumbled onto about a dozen of them scattered about as I was making my way south through Whaler's Cove toward the ramp. They were all in 12-15 fsw. However, that is the ONLY time I have ever seen them inside the cove.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom