Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Nauticam WWL works with the 28mm f/2 in a short port, and has a bayonet mount. It will not work with Ikelite. See the links above. For wide angle it is actually less expensive and faster than the 16-35mm.
I see. Yeah, that Ikelite is cheaper, has less accessories (Which I find I do not need any), but the Nauticam is able to accept wet lenses, and Ikelite cannot.
Or so, at least now. I spoke to those at Ikelite and they told me they are working on it, but not ETA on when.

Question:
If I have the 28mm, and I use the wet lens wide angle adapter, do I not need the fisheye adapter for the lens anymore?
Will it be as wide as the fisheye? Or will it be wide enough?

I find that it would be much easier to have a general purpose lens (16-35) with a 2 wet lenses (wide & macro/telephoto) so, I can ultimately shoot wider than 16mm, and also be able to do close up photography. While ALSO being able to use the 16-35 if I need medium type of shots.

Is this possible to accomplish with this lens or possibly another lens from the Sony FE lenses?
I would basically be very interested in the until then.

NOTE:
If I decide and buy a system WITHIN a week, I can save a lot of money on taxes. (If I buy in Canada)
But, I have up to 1-2 months before I need to make a final choice before the job.

Last edited:
No the 8-15 isn't supported. I'm not a big believer in lens adapters to be honest Bill. By the time you buy adapters and extensions you're better off with the 16-35. And there's some issues with AF speed. Nauticam has pulled back from supporting them.

Here's the Nauticam port chart: http://www.nauticam.com/images/catalog/catalog_21.pdf

The WWL gives 130° FOV, it's not an ultrawide lens. But it's very sharp for a rectilinear and small.
See: Nauticam 2015

I like prime lenses on FF cameras. Maybe I'm old school, but they are cheaper, faster and smaller. Zoom with your fins.

Actually probably one of the smallest sharpest lenses is the old Nikonos 15mm FE. All manual, but pretty easy to shoot. Nauticam's adapter and that lens has a lot going for it.

Back
Top Bottom