Lembeh with Sony NEX-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfowles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here are some photos I took in Lembeh diving with NAD in April this year.

5730140304_5ba40b666d_b.jpg

5729590581_326d3711d6_b.jpg

5729675697_db486f2d3f_b.jpg

5729651085_5c5e467773_b.jpg

5730215718_a54d479802_b.jpg

5729615867_647f5ddbb4_b.jpg

More photos from the trip can be found here at Lembeh 2011

Jut went through the whole collection, I want to go. Great pictures I love all of the macro stuff.

Hey bfowles

Nice shots! What type of housing, lense and flash have you used?

Tino

Hey bfowles

Nice shots! What type of housing, lense and flash have you used?

Tino

I'm glad you liked the pictures.

The housing was a nauticam na-nex 5 (I am loving this housing). I was using the 18-55mm lens and for a lot of the shots a single inon 165 macro lens. I am considering buying a second macro lens so I can stack them. I cant wait for sony to bring out a macro lens. The strobe was a single inon D2000.

I am fairly new to underwater photography so I know with this setup it possible to get even better quality photos.

Awesome photos. I too just bought the Sony Nex-5 with the Nauticam housing. I am visiting Lembeh in August this year, so I can't wait! Where did you stay when you were there?

Wow. Very nice especially the spider crab - it pops out of the pictures. What settings do you use on your NEX-5? Do you shoot in manual and raw?

Wow. Very nice especially the spider crab - it pops out of the pictures. What settings do you use on your NEX-5? Do you shoot in manual and raw?
Thanks, I usually shoot in manual mode mostly now (sometimes I still use aperture priority). I always shoot with RAW images as it allows you to fix problems easily in post processing. I use lightroom to post process images.
I am still learning so I usually underexpose images when shooting in manual mode, but that is easily fixed in lightroom.

Random question, so with the nauticam housing, how did you remove the camera tray to attach to the nex-5? Did you have to remove all the tiny little screws for it to come out? And if so, once attached to the camera, did you just slide it back in?

Random question, so with the nauticam housing, how did you remove the camera tray to attach to the nex-5? Did you have to remove all the tiny little screws for it to come out? And if so, once attached to the camera, did you just slide it back in?

You shouldn't need to unscrew any screws. There is a lever to add/remove the tray from the housing. Once you have remove the tray screw the tray into the the NEX-5 tripod hole. Then place the camera back into the case, you should hear a click as the lever locks onto the tray. Also make sure the On/Off switch on the housing is set to Off when adding or removing the camera. I hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom