Lembeh in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks... wish me whale sharks!
BTW Cabbie, in May, try to avoid 1st week of May, too many Japanese!!!

Thanks... wish me whale sharks!
BTW Cabbie, in May, try to avoid 1st week of May, too many Japanese!!!

I'll be at KBR 9-16 May (from Boston, via HK) along with about 10 HK'ers. Hmmm, maybe she ought to avoid the 2nd week as well? :)

Thanks for the tip - I'll check Golden Week dates...

Christmas is fabulous - who you diving with there ? There was a very early whaleshark this year.

Research with Asia Divers is dangerous for who ??? Send Simon over only if he brings beer...

am leaving tomorrow morning for Christmas Island.... see some big fish for a change....

Christmas Island....Kiribati? or the one near Australia?....If it is Kiribati....It is up there with (or maybe a notch below) Palau or Raja Ampat.....you will love it.

Hello Mike,

rainy season October-Jan????

in most of the guide books you will read that the rainy season on North Sulawesi is somewhere between November and April.
Monsoen often has been translated by rain. Although it means season or wind. In general we are having the North West monsoen from October until April and the South East monsoen from April until October. This so called dry season July in 2008 brought more rain than the complete so called rainy season. Same happened in 2007.
Further: the Kema/Bitung/Lembeh coast of North Sulawesi is getting 60% less rain than Manado.
Water temp around 28 celsius, exept for July/August can drop to 26.

By the way: no single supplement at Divers Lodge Lembeh.

Lembeh Lodge also has an interesting boat ratio, i believe one boat for each bungalow? Indah can correct me if i am wrong. But that is a very good ratio :)

And yes, every time i go to Manado.. lots of rain, not so much in Lembeh.

Mike thanks for offering this opportunity! Indeed we (Divers Lodge Lembeh) are proud that finally we are able to offer each of our 6 bungalow an excellent boat with 2 men crew and dive guide.
In this way you never have to squeeze guests in a schedule. The guests say what they want and we answer: "sure, no problem". Start any time, dive as often, as long and whenever you want.

Thanks, guys.

I'm going to have to persuade a friend to come diving...

Back
Top Bottom