Lembeh (+Bangka) Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had Elbart mostly. Good guide, but the merry-go-round when Elbart got sick was less than ideal. I get that guides can need time off, but I would have preferred a single replacement than what ended up happening.
I know Elbart from times ago, I first met him about 7-8 years ago he was mostly the dive guide for Sangihe when Murex was still operating a liveaboard and then on Bangka Murex. He has his family living in Bitung so it was easier for him to relocate at Lembeh resort a couple of years ago.
We used to talk about european football during the days in Bangka, he's a nice guy I like to discuss with but not a dive guide I would not recommend for macro. Certainly not when it comes to pure muck and black sand.
Then I am not surprised you find Lembeh with less density than Anilao, .

@Searcaigh He no longer works there. They said they'd had 2 guides leave and he was one of them.

Oh that's a bummer, I wonder where he moved to?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom