LeisurePro Return Items - some advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yoda,

I agree that dicussions about the sources of their products or the validity of the post sales warantees is off topic.

However, I think in all sincerity that the discussion around whether a problem exists is right on topic. You basic premise that a problem exists with this company is what trips the trigger of those of us who have not experienced that problem.
SeaYoda:
Point #1 LP has problems. We can't deny the truth so how about dealing with it?
Your premise that the problem exists is in question. With any business you will find people that have had a bad expereience due to circumstances surrounding that particular transaction. Some of us here are just disagreeing with the basic flat statement that "LP has Problems" because from our experience they don't. We are not saying that you did not have a problem. This is very on topic. If you throw that stone first you should expect that there will be some people that haven't experienced that problem that are going to disagree.

As for you quest to find ways around an occaisional issue, I wish you good luck.

LJ

LJinFLA:
Yoda,

I agree that dicussions about the sources of their products or the validity of the post sales warantees is off topic.

LJ

Not really. Return service, product sources, and LP warranty all are related. LP has to go thru more work than an authorized dealer to honor their warrantees. Basically warrantees are handled thru the same complex route that LP used to obtain their grey market line. It does not make direct profit and may even result in loss. So it makes sense that LP may discourage returns and that their return service may take longer than with an authorized dealer.

awap:
Not really. Return service, product sources, and LP warranty all are related. LP has to go thru more work than an authorized dealer to honor their warrantees. Basically warrantees are handled thru the same complex route that LP used to obtain their grey market line. It does not make direct profit and may even result in loss. So it makes sense that LP may discourage returns and that their return service may take longer than with an authorized dealer.

The Key word here is "may". I and some others her are just making the point that not everyone has experienced this problem that Yoda wants to take for granted.

Also, it is my understanding that Laeisure pro does their own repairs in house on most all of their products, and that htey do not send most of it out through the same back channels as you suggest. I don't know for sure but thought that I read that here on the board.

LJ

LJinFLA:
However, I think in all sincerity that the discussion around whether a problem exists is right on topic. You basic premise that a problem exists with this company is what trips the trigger of those of us who have not experienced that problem.

Your premise that the problem exists is in question.

Exactly. SeaYoda has (to paraphrase) said that because the USPS has not delivered his package and deosn't provide tracking or proof-of-delivery, that LeisurePro has a problem.

Sounds to me like USPS has a problem.

The Kraken:
I think it's time SeaYoda's thread was returned to the subject at hand, and that's his actions and efforts to effect the return of a purchased product to a vendor.

Should anyone need to discuss his or her opinion of the business ethics of a particular vendor, he or she is welcome to do so in a more appropriate thread.

SeaYoda, back to your regularly scheduled programming. . .

the K
Thanks TK :thumb:

As to the USPS tracking, yes I do have delivery confirmation at my disposal, that's how I found the package. I have been in contact with the very office that delivers to LP and the supervisor of carriers there. They have tried to deliver twice and it is the restrictive hours of delivery that LP has that causes the problem. If I had to do it over again, I would use UPS, not because the USPS has a problem but because UPS seems to be able to fit LP's restrictive hours. LP gives the impression that it does not matter how you send your package - they just gave me an RMA# and told me to be sure it was on the outside and when I send the package to have tracking and insurance, I did all that. I did everything I was instructed to do and more. The USPS has lived up to its duty fully.

The problem comes in when a delivery notice was left twice with LP that told them my package was there. The same notice and expectation is there for anyone that has a package that has not been able to be delivered. It says come pick it up or call to have it redelivered - LP did neither. Who would have the problem if someone mailed me a nice gift and it could not be delivered and I did not call the USPS or go pick it up? I'm not even in the customer service business and I would be the looser in this case. What kind of customer service is there when beyond the fact of not picking up your mail after a holiday or calling to get it redelivered, you tell your customer that you can't possibly find their package because you are too busy - either because of a move or because there are too many returns. I'd say that is a tangible problem. I have heard others say the same kinds of things about sending things back to LP. I never had a problem before now and I don't plan on having a knee-jerk reaction to the problem but I don't think LP wins any points in how they are handling this situation either.

For those that have had no problems, I still say FANTASTIC!.
For those of us less fortunate, I'd like to continue the thread the way it started - I threw no stone at LP and wish to give and take advice on getting around the difficulties posed by situations like mine.

After emailing LP to notify them of my pending credit card dispute, they seem to have come through for me - this is a reply I got from them:

We deeply apologize for the delay in this return and the frustration it has caused, We would like to get this resolved as quick as possible so please let me know whether you wish to receive a refund for the item or would you like to get a replacement, as soon as we hear from you what you prefer we will do so.

We hope that this will make you feel a little better about our service and support, although we are a bit late but please understand us that we have had allot going on lately and we will try our best to get this resolved in the best way we can for you.

Rick Ungar
Leisure Pro
Customer Service
(212) 645-1234 Ext. 2341

It's nice to see them step up to the plate :thumb:

My replacement strobe arrived today and seems in good condition - I don't know where the original is. I'll keep an eye out in the mail in case it comes bouncing back this way :D.

Yoda, Sensei . . .
I think that "ScubaBoard.com" is starting to have a strong impact upon the diving gear sales industry.

Peace, love and tranquillity . . .

. . . and a happy Veteran's Day

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom