Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't get the whole hysteria thing over the warranty. I have never had to use one yet on a quality product. That's why there top end. Example, local shop selling dbl 80's set up, 790.00. I piece them out from LP and Divers supply, 530.00. Same exact set up, do the math,, I win. In the event somthing gives up the ghost prematurely, and I get boned on it, I still win. Combine all the money I have saved in the past on better deals, I can take quite a fiew hits and still come out on top. Fact is. I havent taken a hit yet!

DiveGolfSki:
So outside of ScubaPro, the others don't have a "batteries for life" clause (e.g. Suunto). In those cases, it doesn't matter?

The warranty and free part promotion are two different things. The Free Part Promotion is only limited in the North America, not other world.

Are you sure that Sunnto only provides two year warranty. I think it is the life time warranty though....

I have to admit that LP is a valuable source for some items that aren't warranty sensitive. I think the regulator and computer are most warranty depenant ones. For example, that is the only reason why the major brands provide the "Free Part" Promotion on the regulator in the North America. Yeap... They know how market goes.

I have bought from LP several times, only once did I have a warrenty issue. It was on a Henderson suit and they took care of it no problem.

On a different note. I was in N.Y.C. last summer on business and had a dive trip coming up so with a free few hours decided to take a cab down to Chelsea and check out L.P. the staff was a bit of a surprise. I can see what some of the previous posters were illuding to. They took great care of me in the shop as well.

I have ordered several times from LeisurePro, and to date have had excellent service. You only have so much money in your pocket, why do I want to OVERPAY on everything from my LDS???? Why can't my LDS be more competitive. My .02.

scubatoys or scuba.com for everything. They are legit and will work with you on the prices. I like cheap prices but refuse LP, they just seem like crooks.

ffde31:
I have ordered several times from LeisurePro, and to date have had excellent service. You only have so much money in your pocket, why do I want to OVERPAY on everything from my LDS???? Why can't my LDS be more competitive. My .02.

I recently made this decision myself. I had a choice, I could either buy a near complete outfit from scubatoys or buy minus a few things from my LDS. I ended up paying more with my LDS. Yes the price difference is frustrating, however I viewed my purchase as investing in a relationship with my LDS.

In the course of my purchase I spent 3 hours in the shop, even though I already knew what I wanted. We talked abut everything from the proper method for purging my bc if ai have trouble, to dive boats in NJ.

Being a new diver, I need the close personal contact of a good LDS. They have experience I don't. They also have rental great and strangely enough air compressors.

Howver if you want to blame somebody for high prices, blame the manufacturers who set minimum retail prices.

I bought my React Pro from Leasure Pro. I do support my LDS but like people have been saying, on a big ticket item, Why not save as much as I can. Back to the thread, I have never had a problem returning anything and the items come within 2 - 3 days after the order.

Scubatoys.com all the way.

Marlinspike:
I would buy from an LDS I trust. I dive too often and have too much gear to be dealing with mailing stuff to Leisurepro or anyone else every time I need something done.

~Marlinspike
I'm an LP buyer, Don't get me wrong, I try to kick some $$$ to my LDS every now and then, but since they took 6 weeks(and many excuses) to service my regs, I can send them to Genesis and get them back in 2 weeks, where is the benefit?......

Back
Top Bottom