Leisure Pro selling Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stano

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought two sets of Apeks XTX50 regs from Leisure Pro. The regs came in today and look ok. Only concern is that they were assembled in the box and the card board was pretty beat up. From the look of the box i suspect that they were not assembled in the factory as the cutouts could not line up once assembled. Almost looked like a returned set(s) or something? The serial numbers start with 1201. Is Leisure Pro an authorized reseller of Apeks? I registered them today on your site and didn't seem to have an issue.

I think I just found my own answer on the Aqua Lung site...soab.

Aqua Lung does not sell or provide products to Leisure Pro. We do not plan to sell, nor have we authorized any of our global authorized distributors, dealers or other customers to sell Aqua Lung products to Leisure Pro. We consider any Aqua Lung, Sea Quest, Apeks or Suunto products sold through Leisure Pro to be “Gray Market” goods.

Gray Market goods are distributed in the United States without Aqua Lung's authorization, and may place the consumer at risk. We do not support or provide warranty services for products purchased through Leisure Pro since we cannot determine if the product is new, damaged or used. You should be warned that consumers who have bought Aqua Lung products from Leisure Pro in the past have found out after their purchase that certain rights to warranties and other value added support benefits could not be obtained.

It's true, Aqualung is one of the few remaining companies that doesn't allow sales online (except through their site). As of this moment, I'm only seeing Used Apeks XTX50's on our site. Unfortunately, I'm not physically in the store and technically we're closed until the 15th, so there's not much in the way of checking on your order that I can do at this time. Whatever warranty was indicated when you ordered, we fulfill. So if there are any issues, you would simply send it to us and we take care of any issues.

It's true, Aqualung is one of the few remaining companies that doesn't allow sales online (except through their site). As of this moment, I'm only seeing Used Apeks XTX50's on our site. Unfortunately, I'm not physically in the store and technically we're closed until the 15th, so there's not much in the way of checking on your order that I can do at this time. Whatever warranty was indicated when you ordered, we fulfill. So if there are any issues, you would simply send it to us and we take care of any issues.

Sorry but that is a false statement. Aqualung has allowed dealers to sell online through their own online stores longer than some of your newer additions.

Aqualung allows dealers to sell via Aqualung online stores, not the dealers own systems. The only other vendor I'm aware of that has a newer online sales policy is SCUBAPro and theirs allows any dealer to sell via any online tools. To the best of my knowledge, Aqualung and Atomic are the two big ones who limit their online sales.

Hate to argue but your facts are wrong. I am a dealer for both Aqua Lung and Scubapro. Aqualung changed their policy before Scubapro announced their change in policy.

---------- Post added April 11th, 2012 at 10:47 AM ----------

Just an fyi I have been selling online in the US as an authorized dealer on my own online system since last October.

Hate to argue but your facts are wrong. I am a dealer for both Aqua Lung and Scubapro. Aqualung changed their policy before Scubapro announced their change in policy.

---------- Post added April 11th, 2012 at 10:47 AM ----------

Just an fyi I have been selling online in the US as an authorized dealer on my own online system since last October.

What is the URL of your site?

It's not a matter of 'authorization' or warranties...It's a matter of 'price fixing' [gouging] and manipulation of trade agreements [ignoring them]....It's one of many reasons I stopped buying Apeks and other AL's family [that's an oxymoron] of products....I'm surprised they haven't been investigated by the FTC and DOJ ]....I hope it catches up w/you AL......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom