Legends of Diving 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Who's going to the Legends of Diving Weekend at Portage Quarry this summer? My boys and I are definitely going to be there. I hope some of the friends I've made here on SB will be there so we can meet in person.

My son and I will possibly be there.

sdm

I hope you are able to make it.

We are planning on going. We went to it the last two years.

I hope you make it, Luis. I'd like to finally get to meet you and get in a dive or two with you.

I will try and make it this year. I was going last year, but my back got so bad I had to break down and get surgery. Best move I could have made. Hint, if Luis is diving a 72 and you want to keep up with him, dive a 72 double set. That will work out about right for the average diver. Oh, and don't forget the cheesewiz boy!!

I'd like to try. Planning on the DAN BBQ as well. maybe Paladin will pick me up on the way? I'll split gas and expenses or just convoy out if we can get enough people.

I'd like to try. Planning on the DAN BBQ as well. maybe Paladin will pick me up on the way? I'll split gas and expenses or just convoy out if we can get enough people.

I'd be glad to pick you up, Jim, except I live in Saint Albans. Kinda outta the way, doncha think?:D

I will try and make it this year. I was going last year, but my back got so bad I had to break down and get surgery. Best move I could have made. Hint, if Luis is diving a 72 and you want to keep up with him, dive a 72 double set. That will work out about right for the average diver. Oh, and don't forget the cheesewiz boy!!

Never forget the Cheezwiz! And a couple of jars of those salmon eggs you can buy at bait shops. The fish luv 'em!

My son and I will possibly be there.

sdm
Hey Sam. Nancy Caruso posted this on the O.C list; Are you coming down?
As many of you know, KelpFest 2010 is going to be held on April 24th 2010 on
Main Beach Laguna. One of the many exciting scheduled events for that day
includes a Storyteller's circle
Throughout the day we will host divers who were diving when diving just
began. We have handful of divers who have volunteered to come tell stories
about diving during the1950's and early 1960's and tell us "how it used to
be".

This is VERY important information and as part of the scientific data we
have from that time period from our coastal waters as no one was really
diving much yet. Bob Meistrell, one of the founders of Body Glove who is 81
and still dives every weekend will be there. I would like to record these
stores and have them for the future.

Does anyone have equipment to do this and would you be interested in doing
this for KelpFest? We can put it up on a website for all to learn from.
The information is too important not to document.

Thank you

Nancy Caruso
Get Inspired!
Marine Biologist
Get Inspired! Inc.
714-206-5147

MAX,
Nancy contacted me months ago---I sent my regrets -- I will be in Europe that day.

Not too many senior divers remaining...I suspect that Bobbie will be very entertaining as well informative. Give him my regards..By the way Bobbie will be at Portage Quarry in August for the Legends

Seems like yesterday when diving was young and so were we...Now as a reflection- I was the third LA County Underwater Instructor ( Now called SCUBA) in Orange county, this was before NAUI, PADI and all the rest of the instructional alphabet jumped in ..Now all the other UW instructors are gone and I am the oldest remaining OC instructor.. Time certainly flys...

sdm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom