Legend vs ST1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My own experience : several sets of Atomics, then a Legend, then an Apeks.
I now own / dive an Apeks & a Legend LX ( ACD ), and would not have an Atomic as my primary reg.

Care to elaborate?
I'm curious what made you feel so strongly about the Atomics after just a few dives with them. (rentals?)

I used to dive with what's essentially an Aqualung Titan for a 100 dives, switched to Atomic, did another few hundred dives with a number of Atomics (still have and use them all), while using an Apeks ATX200 for a couple dozen of the dives, also routinely breathed off of my buddy's Apeks long hose, and I found that while all of them were great regulators, the Atomics breathed better. I also had a Scubapro MK20/S600 for a few dozen dives on a deco bottle and that was comparably good, but I sold that one in the end for logistical reasons.

I cannot imagine that this enhances the flow. It just strikes me as dumb and unneccessary.

I think I read in another post that someone suggested that the world of SCUBA sales, half of the battle is looking to solve a problem that really isn't a problem. I'm sure ACD only impedes the flow marginally when you are talking about maybe 1/4 cubic foot of compressed flow per second. All in all I'd be alright with it just to be sure the first stage is kept dry, but obviously I am not ruling out the Atomics for not having it. Likewise, I'm not ruling out the Legend for not having other features on the Atomics. Seems like they are about one for one in the frivolous features race. Sounds like Atomics has a few more supporters here though.

Now to find that sugar momma who's going to pay for this!

I just ordered an ST1 to replace my Delta IV....cant wait to use it later this month...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom