LeFeet S1 test dive at OGB.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
This was from my second dive using my Lefeet S1 DPV. It was made at Old Garden Beach. Water temps were very chilly 47F and we only had a half cylinder of air left from out first dive. The scooter did surprisingly well running for about a half hour. We started out running on full, but I brought it down to medium after the first seven minutes. It seemed to work best if you were doing a relaxed kick to help move the scooter along. The camera was mounted on the scooter, making it seem much louder than it really is.

This was from my second dive using my Lefeet S1 DPV. It was made at Old Garden Beach. Water temps were very chilly 47F and we only had a half cylinder of air left from out first dive. The scooter did surprisingly well running for about a half hour. We started out running on full, but I brought it down to medium after the first seven minutes. It seemed to work best if you were doing a relaxed kick to help move the scooter along. The camera was mounted on the scooter, making it seem much louder than it really is.

CT-Rich, have you used other scooters before and if so how did it compare in your opinion? Does it move you thru the water if you are not kicking? It seems like a possible alternatives to larger units for those harder to reach shore diving opportunities! Great video!

CT-Rich, have you used other scooters before and if so how did it compare in your opinion? Does it move you thru the water if you are not kicking? It seems like a possible alternatives to larger units for those harder to reach shore diving opportunities! Great video!
This is my only experience with a scooter. Set on low, the LeFeet will take you out to a sight at reasonably brisk swimming speed with minimal effort. We tendEd to kick some, but it is pretty relaxed. On low, the battery lasts about 50 Minutes. The scooter helps conserve air while giving you some additional range and extra speed. When the battery runs out, it is small enough to clip off And swim in. I’ve used it on about a half dozen dives and it was fine. The novelty did wear off. you are going faster than a normal swim, so you will miss things you might have stopped for on more rambling pace. Considering it was towing a freakishly large diver (6’7”, 240 lbs + cold water gear), it did pretty well.

My scooter is still operational, but my buddy’s died. He used it on every dive I did, but he also gave it to his eight year old son to play with at his parents’ lake house. I do not know what caused the scooter’s early demise. It could be a manufacturing issue, or it could be an eight year old putting it through it’s paces.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom