Lefeet S1 scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k954triniz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I’m ready to enter the world of DPV’s mainly to avoid the swim out and in during shore dives. I really don’t want to spend a few thousand on one. I know of two fellow divers who use this particular scooter. Looked it up on YouTube found a few reviews but nothing on actual use. The divers i know say that they are good but both owned them for less than a few months. Not sure when the came into production but i like to know the longevity of an item I’m purchasing especially at that price point. It retails for around $600 USD depending on accessories. I honest came here typed the name in the search bar and literally nothing came up. So all that being said. Does anyone have it, any feed back. Is it worth my money.

Good Scooters (Great Scooters) retail for much more than $6000. I can't imagine a scooter for $600 being worth anything at all. Your kids will probably have a great time with it in the backyard pool untill they outtgrow it or it breaks / leaks / wears out.

You usually waste your money if you are seriously trying to get something for nothing.

Michael

So I’m ready to enter the world of DPV’s mainly to avoid the swim out and in during shore dives. I really don’t want to spend a few thousand on one. I know of two fellow divers who use this particular scooter. Looked it up on YouTube found a few reviews but nothing on actual use. The divers i know say that they are good but both owned them for less than a few months. Not sure when the came into production but i like to know the longevity of an item I’m purchasing especially at that price point. It retails for around $600 USD depending on accessories. I honest came here typed the name in the search bar and literally nothing came up. So all that being said. Does anyone have it, any feed back. Is it worth my money.
As far as I can figure out the battery is just under 100wh and it lasts 30mins on high. So it's a 200watt motor. And 30mins is barely a dive and going to be excruciatingly slow compared to every other scooter on the market. Even the slowest of real dive scooters are 350W and have 60+mins of runtime.

This will be 100% disappointment, but you knew that already from the price.

Trust me as an aircraft mechanic I am very technical and look at all those points. But in the other hand I know of two people who has the scooter. I’ve personally held one of the guys fins to get out quicker and it pulled us both.. he had it strap to his tank so when he wasn’t using it ( while we were on the reef) he just let the trigger dangle from his bcd and went about like a normal dive. When we were done I grab his fin and went for the ride .. now super fast but fast enough to warrant not swimming ourselves. One of the guys is about 250lbs with out gear and this scooter pulls him along with ease. I might do it. If I’m not happy with it I’ll return before the 30 days. Quality seems the be too notch, both guys have had them for about a year and no issues yet. They just said to clean it just like any of your other dive gear. But I am still hesitant because it is a fairly new product. Extensive consumer base testing has yet to have been done. If not scuba jet here I come
Good Scooters (Great Scooters) retail for much more than $6000. I can't imagine a scooter for $600 being worth anything at all. Your kids will probably have a great time with it in the backyard pool untill they outtgrow it or it breaks / leaks / wears out.

You usually waste your money if you are seriously trying to get something for nothing.

Michael

As far as I can figure out the battery is just under 100wh and it lasts 30mins on high. So it's a 200watt motor. And 30mins is barely a dive and going to be excruciatingly slow compared to every other scooter on the market. Even the slowest of real dive scooters are 350W and have 60+mins of runtime.

This will be 100% disappointment, but you knew that already from the price.

I got suck into buying one for $300 along with a friend. We made a low ball offer and the seller us up on it. The battery size was chosen because it is the largest battery that can be checked on an airplane. I was ready to back out, but the seller was a friend of a friend. They can be tandem mounted and we have two of them,so we might cobble together one decent machine.

For the price of that unit it pays to look around at others that are preowned.. I picked up my Dive Xtras Sierra 6 years ago for $700 in perfect (used) working order.

Although the Lefeet is not in the same league as the "pro" scooters, for what it costs it is a well built, surprisingly powerful little scooter. My diving partner recently bought one here in Russia. He was initially very sceptical (what with it being built in China) however, after the very first time in the water he was absolutely raving about it. It has 3 speeds and it quickly became apparent that the slowest speed was more than adequate, we use scooters to blow for gold here in the Black sea. The battery is very small and is very lightweight and airline transportable. Used on the slowest speed he was able to get 3-4 hours of work out of 1 battery. The whole scooter is made of aluminium (even the prop), the device weighs in at just 3kg, a power to weight ratio that has to be unrivalled. Coupled with the fact that you can buy another unit and yoke the two together, and the lithium batteries are less than $150, I think this is a great little unit for the price. It blows away any of the Seadoo/Yamaha rubbish, even the more expensive models. If this sounds like an Amazon review, it certainly isn't. I plan on buying a couple of these as soon as I have enough spare $$$.

Their website claims you can put two of them together and go 2.3m/s. That translates to over 450 feet per minute. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

The fastest, most expensive scooters I know of top out at less than 300 feet per minute.

LEFEET

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom