Led vs. Halogen or Xenon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

britishtq

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm buying a primary light and have been looking to uk's C4 light. What does everyone think and what are the differences?

Have a look at the new UK Sunlight eLed C8,it make's my UK Light cannon Hid 100 a bit overpriced.:D

LED is the way to go. I have 2 UK C8 eLED and 2 UK SL4 LED as back ups. This is for my wife and I. If you are doing purely caribbean clear water the C4 will be fine. If not you may want the C8.

I really like my Princeton Tec Shockwave LED 8C light. I also have the first generation UK 8C LED light. Both have performed quite nicely in the past 2 - 3 yrs.

I have to agree with others on this one. LED is the way to go. Bulbs will last forever. Much better on batteries. Whiter light. However, the intensity of the beam is something you should do a little research on. Ask some local divers what they recommend. I've done just fine in San Diego murk with the LED light.

Thanks for the help guys, I ended up going with the C8 eLed by UK. I looked at the shockwave too and I just didn't like the handle.

Appreciate the help. Hopefully it will also do well in that San Diego murk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom