LED can work underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kentmm_99

Reaction score
Can I use the Super Bright White LED to make a underwater torchlight? I mean use more then 20pcs to make as one.... :06:

There are already LED dive lights, which, IMO, don't work very well for the cost involved.
What are you trying to accomplish?

kentmm_99:
Can I use the Super Bright White LED to make a underwater torchlight? I mean use more then 20pcs to make as one.... :06:

Yes.

MechDiver:
There are already LED dive lights, which, IMO, don't work very well for the cost involved.

Have you seen or tried the newer ones yet? I got a look at Dive Rite's new LED backup light at BTS last weekend. It seemed very bright for its size, but it's hard to tell in a brightly lit room.

I'm going to pick one up at Cave Excursions next week, and try it down in one of the caverns at Ginnie Springs (I'm not cave certified yet). I'll post a review.

Hopefully they improve them. The approx 5,000 hr. bulb life and low power consumption are attractive if they actually work.

Hay everybody!! Thank you for your reply, anyhow I still on the trying stage for this project..Ha!

Actually, I’m just a new diver, open water, PADI, have about 20hours of dive time and from Malaysia. I’ll be going for diving by this coming 15th and I get ready my Sony DV cam ready to test my homebuilt housing; that’s why I wander should I fix it with lights too….:)
I used 15mm thick of acrylic board for the box and this will be the first time to try it onsite (100ft).Of cause I’ll try it just an empty box; if nothing happen…. Then my Sony will go with me too.. Do you guys think this will work? Yet I still have a difficulty on the button. Not for all buttons but at least the REC or the ZOOM isn’t it? Any idea on this issue? I’m still working on this in CAD drawing and after that I’ll ask my friend to use his lathe machine and make one for me to try…. Ha!!

Any idea…? Please help me….

Thank you,

Kent.

Have a look on this BOX.....will this work? :06: :06:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/23908

Back
Top Bottom